Forum Replies Created
-
[Travis Paulding] “Should I not let the computer go to sleep when FCP is open?”
The harddrive should NEVER go to sleep with an FCP system. The monitor can go to sleep, but not the harddrive.
Just to into your System Preferences, Energy Settings, and make sure the check box at the bottom is off (put the harddrive to go sleep….)
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Disk Warrior works very nice, but if you use it with media on your drives, you may break the link to them. Best to completely erase your drive as often as possible. I try not to go more than three months without erasing my media drives.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Did you update Tiger and Quicktime prior to the FCP install?
Did you update whatever hardware card you’re running for Tiger / FCP 5?
Ensure that your Canvas is set to “Fit to Window.”
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Ensure that your Energy Settings do not allow the harddrive to sleep on the machine. major no no with an FCP system.
Ensure that your media drives are clean and not fragmented.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Is your canvas set to “Fit to Window?”
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
And to add to Jerry’s post, is the Tutorial Media on the harddrive or still on the DVD’s? It should be on your harddrive.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[Toonman] “Am I safe to go outside title safe? Thanks again so much,”
Not for anything that will play back on a regular TV. I.e. the DVD played back on a computer will show you the full screen, but if you play that same DVD on a regular TV, you will lose a percentage of the image on the edges. Best to stay inside Title Safe for anything playing back on a TV.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
why does it need to be quicktime movie if it’s 1 frame?
If you want FCP to interpret it as 1 frame, then simply change the Still Duration in your Prefs to 1 frame. That will result in any still image (or I guess 1 frame Quicktimes) coming in as a 1 frame recognized file.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Walter Biscardi
July 11, 2005 at 11:39 am in reply to: Where in archives for HD gear recommendations?For FCP releated equipment, then you may want to also search the aja and blackmagic forums. Both offer HD capture cards, I run the AJA Kona 2 in one suite and just got my second unit for the second suite.
As for other HD gear, we also have a Hi Def forum here on the Cow. Just depends on what “flavor” of HD you’re going to do. 720 or 1080i and which manufacturer your clients are shooting with.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
You don’t need it with the Kona 2. in the Control Panels, set the Kona 2 default output to be Desktop. Now just drag your photoshop project out to the monitor.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters