Forum Replies Created

Page 1370 of 1462
  • I’m cutting a broadcast series on FCP in HD, more information soon in a press release.

    “Scrubs” for NBC
    “Destroyer, Forged in Steel” for Discovery Channel
    NASCAR on Fox
    Obviously everyone mentions Cold Mountain cut by Walter Murch.

    Go to the Apple site and click on “Pro” for a lot of stories and users of FCP in HD.

    All I can tell you is that I’ve put my FCP Kona 2 HD system up against an AVID DS/HD system and the image quality is identical.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 26, 2005 at 4:38 pm in reply to: Can It be done?

    Nope, only scaling is available in FCP which will not really achieve what you’re looking for. After Effects has wonderful 3D cameras and lighting which I use all the time. It’s a great app for that particular feature.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 26, 2005 at 12:29 pm in reply to: scale

    DV / DVCAM is a compressed format and scaling down images in that format requires a lot of finessing with the Video Flicker, De-Interlace and even some light blur to get rid of the interlacing / artifacts issues with DV / DVCAM footage.

    FCP 5 does do cleaner scaling than FCP 4.5 though.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 26, 2005 at 12:26 pm in reply to: Final Cut Pro 5

    [anna Panetta] “If I scan the picture in those dimensions, I only get part of the photo.”

    I’m confused as to how this can happen. Entering a dimension for a photo should not cause it to be cropped. When I scan images, I do a preview first, then draw a marquee around the areas I want scanned, then select the dpi or sizing information after that.

    If you want the full image, then you need to scan the full image, but know that if it’s a vertical image, you’ll never be able to place the entire photo onto the screen without borders on either side. Video is a horizontal medium and you must work in the 4:3 ratio of SD or 16:9 ratio of HD. With photos there’s a lot of give and take as to whether you want to see the entire image, which may reveal black borders around it, or you want to zoom in to a particular area of the photo so it fills the screen.

    I generally place animated backdrops behind any photo montages so you don’t see black around the images, you’ll see moving imagery.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 26, 2005 at 12:22 pm in reply to: Keyboard Shortcut for Clip Speed?

    With a 2 button mouse, you simply right click on the clip in the timeline and choose “Speed” to change it. Or you can hold down the control key and click the clip in the timeline.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 26, 2005 at 12:21 pm in reply to: Quick Time for Web Page

    I’m using the H.264 codec for all my new website movies. Just start with the Export > Quicktime Conversion and then choose the high quality broadband setting. Then I change the audio to mono.

    Folks will require Quicktime 7 to view these files, but that’s now available for Windows so that opens up the files for all formats.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 26, 2005 at 12:18 pm in reply to: install problem

    You probably just got a bad disk. Call Apple Support and they will most likely ship you out a new disk.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 25, 2005 at 8:24 pm in reply to: FCP5.02 capturing wrong frame size?

    [Ben Hall] ”
    Just trashed the prefs. Gonna see if this works. Yea most people have no idea as to why this is occuring. I think it has to do with the FW, but I don’t have the proof yet.”

    Firewire is not the issue unless you have a problem with your firewire ports. We just completed 7 episodes of a series capturing via Firewire to two different FCP 5 systems and had no issues with captures or frame size issues off our 1200A.

    One big thing is to NEVER connect or disconnect the 1200A to the firewire ports when the 1200A is turned on. That will definitely damage the firewire ports on the PowerMac.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • If it’s an issue on your external monitor, then I’m guessing your field order is reversed. Make sure the field order is lower field first on the MPEG-2 render for NTSC video.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 25, 2005 at 7:42 pm in reply to: HDCAM storage?

    For uncompressed HD there’s really nothing like Fibre Channel. I run the Medea FCR2X (2TB) array here and it’s very fast and it just works. No SCSI OS X issues, no installing drivers with each OS updates, etc… it just works.

    You can get them at Promax (promax.com) and B&H Photo (bhphoto.com) among others. They go up to 3.2 TB.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Page 1370 of 1462

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy