Forum Replies Created
-
[kylecine] “I have it in slot 2. I know slot for is the fastest, but the card is too big for it.”
what do you mean it’s too big for slot 4? There’s a lot of room in a G5 for full sized card like the nVidia Ultra 6800 in one of my machines. What slot do they recommend that card be in? Most external drive controllers want to be in Slot 4 since that’s the fastest slot in the machine. Make sure you’re running whatever the lastest driver is for that particular card.
Have you run the machine with the card removed and the drives disconnected? This would help you see if it’s the card and/or drives.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[Tim Vaughan] “We are extremely frustrated that Quicktime would give us software that is not backwards compatible or just recently available to the rest of the world. Makes life fun, right?”
Well, then don’t use the H.264 codec. It’s pretty clear that the codec only works with QT 7 and now Apple has made that available for Windows so there should not be an issue. I direct all my clients to the Apple site to download the appropriate version for their machines. Not that difficult really, but if it frustrates you, don’t use it.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
make sure when you move the layers you highlight the video clips and the transitions. they will only move with the clip if the video clip is on a seperate layer with the dissolves applied to that clip. If the dissolve is placed between two clips, then it won’t move with the clip.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Medea Fibrechannel FCR2X is outstanding and you can set it up in a SAN network.
Also do a search on the forum for shared storage and storage. You’ll find a LOT of discussion in this forum about storage recommendations.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[David Roth Weiss] “BTW, as a very long term Discreet Edit user and forum member, and myself a prolific answerer of questions, I am quite humbled to be here now asking such trivial stuff, and I hope never to be a pest.”
There’s no such thing as a dumb question. I came over from 6 years of Media 100 and it took me a good three months to get comfortable with FCP and about 6 months to really know it. And that was before I ever found the Cow!
Best advice I can give you is to certainly do all the Tutorials that come with FCP as they really give you a good ‘lay of the land’ on the interface. As you know, all NLE’s are the same, they just put the buttons in a different place. have fun!
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Without much information to go on with your system I would suggest:
Trash Prefs
Restart the System
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Walter Biscardi
July 26, 2005 at 6:08 pm in reply to: DVD created with iDVD from Blackmagic 8bit timeline, picture tears with fast motion[isoprophlex] ”
De-interlacing has been my quick fix answer
BUT THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION
De-interlacing greatly reduces the video quality”You could always move to DVD Studio Pro. Not a great solution if don’t want to spend the money, but exports from FCP as MPEG-2’s work fine here and DVD outputs via DVDSP work beautifully.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
just drag it back to the browser.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[Walter Biscardi] “I would give them a shout and talk it over with one of their technicians / colorists to determine the best way to go about the process. http://www.cinefilmlabs.com“
Whoops, misstyped it. it’s http://www.cinefilmlab.com no “s”
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
You don’t want to add any film plug-in processing to the product. What you really want to do is have the project color corrected and given some film enhancement treatment before it goes to film. A good daVinci artist will be able to help you there.
Here’s a tremendous resource here in Atlanta, CineFilm Labs. They service clients from around the world and tape to film transfer is one of their services. I would give them a shout and talk it over with one of their technicians / colorists to determine the best way to go about the process. http://www.cinefilmlabs.com
They showed be a beautiful broadcast series they work on there which was shot on Mini DV (DVX100A), colored and then upconverted to HD where it looks like 35mm film.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters