Forum Replies Created

Page 334 of 427
  • Vince Becquiot

    July 11, 2007 at 10:41 pm in reply to: timecode

    How about applying the timecode effect before export ?

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    July 10, 2007 at 11:27 pm in reply to: Updated info on capture problem.

    These Mybook drives are really slow, I found that the hardway. ESATA doesn’t make any difference here, since the drive itself is the issue.

    But they are sure cheap…

    Now, I don’t know what the rates is on that particular drive (Well I did find this: https://www.pcworld.com/product/specs/id,29938-c,harddrives/specs.html), but is this the only drive you are having issues with ?

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    July 10, 2007 at 11:18 pm in reply to: PP2 vs. ProCoder…Anyone?

    It looks like you do have different settings. As far as I know, these three methods all use Windows Media Encoder 9, which by the way is free on the Microsoft website, and that’s your best option. Procoder is no longer supporting Adobe Premiere, and I found it to be quite unreliable.

    The peak video bitrate would have to do with a variable bit rate. The higher the peak, the better will your high motion shots look.

    The buffer rate has to do with playback. The longer the buffer (loading time) the less likely the wideo will freeze on slower connections, but also the longer, the more likely people will leave before the playback ever starts.

    Keyframes is a topic too complex for me to even get into in this thread, so I will let you Google it up.

    Until then, you should keep it at the default value.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    July 9, 2007 at 12:01 am in reply to: audio delay in outside broadcasting

    Delay between audio and video is common. The most common type of

    video delay is due to the time it takes for switchers, scan converters, etc. to process the signal (which you may know already).

    That’s easily resolved by using an audio delay unit before your recorder.

    There are also instances of audio delay. The most common I could think of is if the mic is far away from the source, as in, recording from the speakers. (Not likely in a pro event). Other common delays are caused by a lot of audio processing (You will need a lot to even see a frame of delay), and of course distance in cabling (Again, since you haven’t mentionned how far you will be form the stage, it’s hard to calculate). I rarely have to correct audio delay, even in large events, but there are several video delay units out there if you feel you may need one.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    July 8, 2007 at 10:40 pm in reply to: Color changing

    This is usually achieved using the color pass filter. The problem with Premiere is that you can’t easily mask out areas where you don’t want the color to appear, so I feel After Effects is more suited for the effect. If this is for a nice red color blood, and you have nothing else that is red in the picture, you may be fine.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    July 7, 2007 at 2:29 am in reply to: Do I need to de-interlace?

    It’s always really up to you, and no simple decision. You either get interlacing lines, or you get a loss of resolution if you de-interlace. The loss of resolution would probably be fine for a web video however.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    July 7, 2007 at 2:25 am in reply to: taking movie from premiere to after effects

    The only way to do this “afterwards” in After Effects, is using keyframes, and that’s a pain in the ***. You can also do it before the edit, and then work in Prewmiere with the exported uncompressed clips.

    I don’t see anything wrong with three way color correction in Premiere. You could also invest in the color finesse plugin.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    July 6, 2007 at 2:25 pm in reply to: premiere pro and linking preview files

    There isn’t much you can do here with that particular project file. Have you looked at the auto-saved projects?

    Vince

  • Have you tried just going from notepad?

    Arabic is one of the hardest one to work with if you don’t have a multilangual version. I would go to proz.com and see if a translator there could put the whole thing in Photoshop or Illustrator for you. Of course, make sure you ask for the fonts as well.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    July 3, 2007 at 10:00 pm in reply to: HD player

    Yes, this laptop had a direct HDMI out, which is great for plasmas, but for switching, I need to use a DVI adapter.

    I usually export my timeline using Premiere’s WMV encoder. If I have the time, I export uncompressed and use Windows Media Encoder, which gives you much more control.

    Vince

Page 334 of 427

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy