Vince Becquiot
Forum Replies Created
-
I think you will have to get channels 3/4 sparately.
I don’t have this particular unit, but there should be a way to select which channels you want to output.
Vince
-
This is a formula you should always have handy. You will need it for all your productions.
Power = Voltage x Current
Power is the total wattage for all your fixtures, Voltage is 110 in the US, and the Current is the amount of amps that you will require from the hotel.
So, since most hotels have 15 amps circuits, that means that each circuit will be able to handle up to:
1650 Watts (110 volts x 15 amps).
Of course you don’t want to be too close to that number.
If your fixtures are 500W each, you should be able to put 3 in 1 circuit. You will need a separate circuits for your video gear to avoid noise interferences.
So, you should ask for 2 DEDICATED 15 amps circuits. Make sure they mark them clearly and that nobody else plugs into them. (like coffey machines, etc.)
Vince
-
Vince Becquiot
September 19, 2007 at 12:49 pm in reply to: ppcs3 project will not open after render files deletedBTW, you can send me the project file if you want (Kaptis @ gmail.com). I will try to open it with offline files and see if I get that same issue.
Cheers,
Vince
-
Vince Becquiot
September 19, 2007 at 12:47 pm in reply to: ppcs3 project will not open after render files deletedVery strange… If this happens to all the autosaves, that sounds more like an issue with the footage itself. I would move the folder containing all your footage, pictures, etc., but not the project file itself. You will then have to relink that footage, but that will allow you to isolate the issue. In fact , the issue may just resolve itself.
You could try deleting the media cache files, peak files as well.
Vince
-
I don’t. I mean, you would be better off saving your money for lenses / lens adpters and lighting. Of course, that’s much more expensive…
I have used it, but I don’t own it. Most of what it does can be done with manual gamma and curve / level adjustments.
Magic bullet just makes presets out of those adjustments.
Anyway, I think it is worth owning if your footage is already up to PAR with a good film composition, but again, no miracles.
Cheers,
Vince
-
Try blurring the blue channel a bit. (Channel blur)
There is no magic bullet…
Vince
-
I would go with a Countryman headset. Your biggest issue with a lav would be clothing noise with that much movement.
You basically want something very close, and well attached.
Vince
-
I would say, do some fundraising, or try to get a lease / loan. For a $1000.00, you will get a home camcorder and will probably hate yourself for ever making the purchase, especially if you know what a more expensive camcorder / camera can do…
Do you have any community media centers in your area ?
These are the greatest resource for free gear.
Your other option is to try the grey market, but that’s also a great gamble.
Vince
-
I’m guessing you are talking about the HVX. Yes, it depends on the softbox size, wall color etc…
On interviews for example, I wouldn’t put anything else than my 1K open face Arris, that’s using 2 medium chimeras with the 40
-
Given the application, that may be all you will need.
https://www.zzounds.com/item–YAMMG2414FX
Vince