Forum Replies Created

Page 293 of 350
  • Tim Kolb

    July 19, 2006 at 10:16 pm in reply to: After Effects to Premiere

    Keep in mind that all these types of features use computing resources as well. Software developers can only make what runs well on the computers that are current if they hope to stay in business. Notice the system requirements for the Production Studio are not modest. This is because when that feature is used and you are in Premiere Pro, After Effects is effectively open in the background running and updating too.

    PPro 1.5 and AE 6 run on a minimum system of an 800 MHz P3, with 256 MB of RAM.

    The Production Studio has a requirement for 1.4 GHz P4 with a Gig of RAM when running multiple applications with DV and a dual Xeon 2.8 GHz and 2 Gigs of RAM is necessary for running Dynamic Link in HD…

    If this feature was included in PPro 1.5, the price of the minimum system to run it would have been much, much higher…

    It’s all about what makes sense for the most users.

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    July 19, 2006 at 7:25 pm in reply to: AJA Xena LSe editing experience

    Do you, by chance, have the CineForm Prospect plugin installed?

    (…or another Premiere Pro plugin for Matrox/BlueFish, etc, etc?)

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    July 19, 2006 at 5:21 pm in reply to: Color Correction in 2.0

    I would think the Total Training title would cover it pretty well…

    I do a bit on each of the separate effects as part of a DVD course that I did for Class on Demand (it should be released soon), but my title will be more of a “quick start” thing. Some depth, but certainly not 18 hours of instruction…I think it will come out to be 2 or 3.

    I searched the internet and can’t find anything on wrigley video or Steven Gotz’s website either…

    Somebody must have something somewhere besides me I would think…

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    July 19, 2006 at 1:33 am in reply to: After Effects to Premiere

    [civilian] ”
    You’d think Adobe would put the link in right from the start.”

    Huh? When your PPro 1.5 and earlier AE v6 were released, the feature didn’t exist.

    This link took an amazing amount of work from both the Premiere Pro and After Effects teams. The Production Studio includes the extra “stuff” necessary to bridge the gap. Neither piece of software on its own handles the process.

    The Production Studio costs less that After Effects alone did a couple of years ago, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to upgrade for this feature.

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    July 16, 2006 at 7:11 pm in reply to: 2d3 ((steadymove))

    The full version gives you even more control and is also quite good.

    The tradeoff is render time…

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    July 14, 2006 at 2:59 am in reply to: Premiere Pro 1.5 No Longer Takes .mov files

    Have you tried reinstalling PPro?…and/or QuickTime?

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    July 11, 2006 at 2:08 pm in reply to: HD: Final Cut QT >> Premiere Pro

    I’m not really knowledgeable on FCP’s native HDV file structure, but I suspect it’s something proprietary to FCP. Otherwise, it almost sounds as if there’s a problem with the file if even QT can’t play them on a Mac…

    I suspect you’ll have to convert them to something more universal like “animation” compression to transfer them.

    …or even better, you can get better performance from PPro if you capture the HDV from there. QT files will have to be rendered…

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    July 7, 2006 at 11:00 pm in reply to: HD on a Laptop

    The I/O will be the challenge.

    On a laptop, anything that is FW capable is fine (provided the computer is up to the job…), so HDV native in PPro or HDV sourced to CineForm Aspect HD will work…but I’m unaware of an HDSDI card for a laptop…

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Hi Steve,

    Welcome. I’ve read your posts on other pastures and I know you’ll add insight to this one.

    Best wishes on your continuing recovery from your motorcycle accident.

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    July 3, 2006 at 3:24 pm in reply to: Substitute tv for a professional monitor

    It should be noted that a precisely calibrated video monitor is necessary to prepare material for broadcast. For your own use or non-broadcast playback, it’s easier to cheat a little…

    I would try to find the best quality telkevision you can afford…and it has to have a video input of course, not just an antenna input (which almost all modern sets have…)

    I would visit the two links specified above and get some background on calibrating television monitors…but I would also check out some links on reading waveform monitors and vectorscopes.

    https://www.larryjordan.biz/articles/lj_scopes.html (FCP is featured, but the info is solid.)

    There must be more, I’m sure… I can’t find any specifically on scopes in PPro.

    If you understand what the scopes are telling you, the absolute accuracy of your monitor will become less of an issue.

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

Page 293 of 350

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy