Forum Replies Created

Page 282 of 350
  • Tim Kolb

    September 20, 2006 at 1:14 am in reply to: Cross Conversion with LH

    Well…I use CineForm Prospect which simply does it on ingest with a setting.

    With the AJA card, I suspect you might try to capture HDV via FW and edit using an AJA uncompressed 23.97fps timeline.

    I’m not sure how you would control the audio pitch change this way though. CineForm converts the file. If you simply load a 25fps file and interpret it as a 24fs file, I don’t think Premiere will be able to maintain the audio pitch…

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    September 20, 2006 at 1:08 am in reply to: BMD Decklink output dies when PremPro2 is in background

    Try going into the playback settings in the monitor window…I believe that the option for “disable overlay when PPro is in the background” is in there…though I’m not sure if it will affect the BM card or not.

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    September 20, 2006 at 1:06 am in reply to: Viewing Scopes

    From the monitor window menu there is an option for a reference monitor…choosing it will create another monitor window that you can run as the scope and still use the record monitor for viewing.

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    September 20, 2006 at 1:05 am in reply to: Monitoring with Aspect

    Prospect…yes. That was actually what I was referring to…I run Aspect on a laptop as well, my main machine runs Prospect. It appears the two cannot load Premiere Pro project settings the same time. You can have the AJA card installed, then when you install the AJA drivers, uncheck the Premiere Pro option, which will leave out AJA’s project settings for Premiere Pro. Prospect runs the card then.

    It’s a shame actually as having all the modes installed at the same time would make a very versatile system…

    Aspect preview…unfortunately this pause (8 to 10 seconds is probably a bit of an exagerration unless you’re running a 32 MB video card on a P4 1.7 or something) is the same for whatever card you use. Aspect and Prospect both have a preview mode where the video picture res changes, therefore what you see is the card/monitor resetting. When you are in pause or scrubbing the timeline, you are looking at full res and when you export out you have full res, but preview playback mode changes it.

    I have a fairly high level card in my Prospect system (Quadro 4500) and it does it too.

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    September 18, 2006 at 7:07 pm in reply to: Cross Conversion with LH

    I would recommend you test shoot the Sony HDV CineFrame 24 mode before you do a project with it…

    My recommendation with the Z1 (I have one) is to shoot in Euro mode (25 fps) in CineFrame 25 and edit it as 25p or clock it down to 24 at the point of post…

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    September 17, 2006 at 2:09 am in reply to: Diva Light – Kino

    I should have added…make sure that the connections are correct. We frequently have issues after re-lamping where the grip may inadvertently connect the ends improperly.

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    September 17, 2006 at 2:06 am in reply to: Serious Magic Annoucnes DVCPRO HD Support for Premiere pro!!

    As far as I know, DVCPro50 is supported as it is in DV Rack HD.

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    September 15, 2006 at 1:17 pm in reply to: HDV HELL!!! Please help me, I have lost the plot!

    The audio sync issue is a strange one.

    The Aspect demo may fix the problem just from the standpoint that it has to “re-sync” the video/audio at the camera start/stop points (you will want to use the scene break capability with Aspect installed).

    I don’t use the JVC camera so I have very little first hand knowledge about it. At this point I could only take some wild guesses…

    When the footage plays back from the camera, it is in sync, right?

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    September 15, 2006 at 12:19 pm in reply to: What’s the best way to do HDV?

    Unfortunately CineForm and Decklink won’t work in concert.

    I assume that Decklink is most likely similar to AJA with its own HDV workflow, which would consist of transcoding the incoming HDV to a Decklink codec, probably a lightly compressed one, making some really large files…or it might be able to play back native HDV within an uncompressed project environment, allowing you to avoid native HDV render issues, but keep the files at their native size. I’d definitely get some definitive info from BlackMagic on the specifics.

    CineForm’s Aspect HD is srictly software. Aspect transcodes HDV to a variable bitrate (HDV is constant bitrate) 8 bit codec with all frames available…no long GOP system. VBR allows more bits where picture content warrants it and is more efficient where the bits aren’t needed. While it won’t change the CBR footage from HDV, it does allow for very high quality transcoding from long GOP HDV and preserves quality very nicely through post. The Aspect codec is also available to After Effects and other software on your system, which is not the case with HDV native.

    Monitors: I just used my Dell 24″ for a shoot yesterday. It works pretty well. LCDs take some getting used to… The 24″ is the most flexible monitor with the biggest variety of inputs including analog component. My 30″ Dell only takes dual link DVI…for which there are very few HDSDI converters even made right now.

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    September 15, 2006 at 1:30 am in reply to: Cineform Prospect vs Decklink Jpeg

    He, he…yeah, well…the top of my head is getting a little full I guess. I think stuff is falling off…

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

Page 282 of 350

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy