Forum Replies Created
-
Tim Kolb
September 14, 2006 at 5:04 am in reply to: Premiere 2.0 Hangs when selecting the start new project option?Do you have any other project settings from third parties? (CineForm, AJA, Matrox, etc…)
Otherwise I’d say try to dump the preferences on startup…if that doesn’t work, try a reinstall of PPro.
TimK,
Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
Tim Kolb
September 14, 2006 at 4:20 am in reply to: I hope Adobe doesn’t force a move to Vista like they did to XP when Premiere went PROI’m not sure what the problem is with XP…
I get my work done so I’m happy.
If Vista comes out as ragged as the first version of OSX (which forced me away from Macs so I could make a living), I suppose I might have to reconsider…
TimK,
Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
Magic Bullet is a handful for anything to preview…even my Quadro 4500 on my big system which supports RT playback of Magic Bullet for Editors in RT takes a bit before it can play it.
Aspect doesn’t black screen for me here on my laptop…it doesn’t preview the effect in preview playback, it plays looking like the original with a red X up inthe corner, but when I’m in scrub I see the effect.
TimK,
Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
Tim Kolb
September 14, 2006 at 1:09 am in reply to: Serious Magic Annoucnes DVCPRO HD Support for Premiere pro!!Pretty cool isn’t it…and DV Rack SD/HD is a welcome development too.
TimK,
Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
I think there’s a short tutorial on the Total Training disks included in the box…I’m not sure if Aanarav has done anything on it or not here at the cow…
I’m neck-deep in a book and another article for he Cow as well as the regular ole’ production projects I do for a living…but I’ll see if I have some time next week…
I can’t believe that someone doesn’t have something on the web. I have an intro to the Production Studio DVD available from Class On Demand of course…but I can’t believe you couldn’t find something around the internet that would get you started with Dynamic Link if that’s all you need…
TimK,
Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
Tim Kolb
September 13, 2006 at 3:54 pm in reply to: HDV HELL!!! Please help me, I have lost the plot!Two things…and I’ll be offline for a while so I may not respond until this evening.
1. I need to know what the settings are on the projects…particularly framerate and audio settings. I use CineForm and I haven’t captured using the Adobe HDV settings for some time…I’ll need to refresh my memory on the workflow.
2. Go to CineForm.com and get the free trial download of Aspect HD and see if you can capture properly with it…it will create CineForm files that will be larger than HDV files and they are proprietary so when the 15 day trial is up, you would need to buy it to run the media. However, it might tell us something. Aspect definitely works better on systems that might get winded with HDV processing…
The fact that the Z1 footage is also strange is puzzling. Was the Z1 fotage 25fps interlace or CineFrame 25? You have verified that the JVC shot in 25 and not 24 correct?
…just trying to cover all the bases…
TimK,
Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
Tim Kolb
September 13, 2006 at 1:59 pm in reply to: HDV HELL!!! Please help me, I have lost the plot!Are you using PPro’s native HDV settings?
TimK,
Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
Having a client in the room and doing some work with Dynamic Link really puts a smile on their face…particularly if they’ve spent the last ten years behind an Avid operator.
TimK,
Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
Tim Kolb
September 13, 2006 at 1:11 pm in reply to: HDV HELL!!! Please help me, I have lost the plot!Is the audio going gradually out of sync, or is the error changing on every camera stop/start point?
Are you capturing the entire tape end to end with multiple camera rolls?
TimK,
Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
Tim Kolb
September 11, 2006 at 1:24 pm in reply to: Welcome Tim Wilson to the Business Procedures forum…Hi Tim,
Good to see you here.
Just so you know, we are eventually planning on having some sort of formal meeting to have important discussions about this forum…sometime in the future…as soon as we’re all within 100 miles of each other…or at least close to a tavern…Stinton’s buying.
TimK,
Kolb Productions,
Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net