Forum Replies Created

Page 2224 of 2285
  • Shane Ross

    November 10, 2005 at 5:09 am in reply to: changing the frame rate

    Nope. What you are trying to do is convert PAL footage to NTSC.

    You are going to have to use the Standards Converter found at http://www.nattres.com ($100)

    I touted it heavily inthe post RIGHT BELOW this one.

  • Oh…always really tough to make changes to a cut AFTER the whole online, color correct, film look process has taken place.

    How did you get the footage into your system to edit? How do you plan on exporting it out?

    Converting your nice high res image to DV will REALLY defeat the purpose. You’ll be highly compressing it and it will look VERY different from your original.

    I guess you’ll have to explain first the top to questions before I can recommend a Kona. I’d recommend that as what to use to import high rez, make changes, and output back to HD. But if it is already in your system, depending on HOW you got it there, I am unsure how the Kona would help now, other than the ability to output. The render times are dependant on you having that codec in your machine, and the card that handles it.

  • Shane Ross

    November 10, 2005 at 1:32 am in reply to: upgrade to FCP 5 worth it?

    OH, yeah. The integration of all those applications, and how they all work together is very good in the latest version. Well worth it for Moton 2 and Soundtrack.

  • Shane Ross

    November 10, 2005 at 1:32 am in reply to: upgrade to FCP 5 worth it?

    OH, yeah. The integration of all those applications, and how they all work together is very good in the latest version. Well worth it for Moton 2 and Soundtrack.

  • Shane Ross

    November 9, 2005 at 11:37 pm in reply to: Best Capture Card?

    I have the Aurora PipePro Studio that I won from the Cow (THANKS GUYS).

    I have a job this weekend that I will be using it with. I have also worked with the Decklink Extreme card. I’ll report back in a bit and let you know.

    I do want the Aja LH though…for my high def work.

  • Shane Ross

    November 9, 2005 at 11:30 pm in reply to: upgrade to FCP 5 worth it?

    Shooting HDV? Shooting with multiple cameras? No?

    Then no, you don’t really need it. And if you have FCP 4.5, then the upgrade is only $700, not $1200.

  • Shane Ross

    November 9, 2005 at 11:04 am in reply to: final cut pro hd edl’s

    Yes, it can, as long as the Sony takes CMX3600 EDLs. What is the Sony HD Edit?

    Make sure that you are only doing CUTS and DISSOLVES…no fancy filters.

  • Shane Ross

    November 8, 2005 at 1:14 pm in reply to: EDL

    EDL’s between these two are notorious for not working properly, if at all. That is why there is a product out there called Automatic Duck (www.automaticduck.com) that makes this transition smooth as glass…

  • Shane Ross

    November 8, 2005 at 5:44 am in reply to: VIdeo Data Rate

    Near the bottom of this page there is a great Data Rate calculator that AJA makes…and it’s FREE!!

    https://www.aja.com/support_kona.html

  • Shane Ross

    November 7, 2005 at 10:32 pm in reply to: Exporting using Quicktime conversion…

    It means “prepare for streaming.” It should be the bottom option on the export.

Page 2224 of 2285

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy