Forum Replies Created

Page 2222 of 2285
  • Shane Ross

    November 12, 2005 at 6:03 pm in reply to: how compressed is DVCPRO HD?

    http://www.hdforindies.com. Check out the FAQ on the upper left.

  • Shane Ross

    November 12, 2005 at 4:09 am in reply to: Final Cut 4.5 Quits when sequence is opened

    The sequence might be corrupt. Locate the AUTOSAVE VAULT, duplicate the latest version of your project, and open that.

  • Shane Ross

    November 11, 2005 at 6:59 pm in reply to: VIdeo Data Rate

    As quoted from HD FOR INDIES FAQ:

    https://www.hdforindies.com/2005/05/hd-for-indies-frequently-asked#tapeformats

    DV – 720×480, 8 bits, 4:1:1, 25 megabits/sec aka 3.6 MB/sec w/audio.
    HDV – three formats:
    720p30 at 1280×720, 4:2:0, 8 bits/channel, 19 megabits, how many audio, compressed?
    1080i60 at 1440×1080, 4:2:0, 8 bits/channel, 25 megabits, how many audio?
    ProHD – 720p24/25/30/60 (60 off of camera but not to tape), 1080i yes, 1080p? Audio?

    DV is 25MB/sec. HDV at 1080i is 25MB/sec…and 720P is LESS at 19MB/Sec. In a recent posting here at the Cow Graeme stated that DV compression is 5:1, and HDV compression is 25:1 (larger area to compress to get to 25MB/sec).

  • Shane Ross

    November 11, 2005 at 6:51 pm in reply to: how compressed is DVCPRO HD?

    [Graeme Nattress] “Murch was using DVCproHD as an offline codec though, surely?”

    Surely. That is what he told us at LAFCPUG.

  • Shane Ross

    November 11, 2005 at 2:44 pm in reply to: A decent free countdown clock?

    “Im doing an advert for broadcast which will need a clock on the front.”

    AH. I was wrong. And I still think you are wrong. You are pointing to FILM countdowns. NOW I think I get it…he wants a SLATE Countdown. The 10-2 countdown for broadcast TV, that on some ITV and BBC shows, I notice also contain slate information. Ahhhh.

    I don’t know of another one existing out there. But someone might. So I’ll just shut up now.

  • Shane Ross

    November 11, 2005 at 2:31 pm in reply to: A decent free countdown clock?

    Matte…those are film countdown leaders that go from 10 to 2. Like you used to see in front of film you watched in school.

    Not at ALL what Joe is looking for.

    I hear that the TOO MUCH TOO SOON plugin package has a clock. And that is a free set if I recall…

  • Shane Ross

    November 11, 2005 at 1:54 pm in reply to: Curves plugin

    AH! I forgot about that part of your plugin!

    I shall have to do some more playing…

  • Shane Ross

    November 11, 2005 at 12:19 pm in reply to: Curves plugin

    The only CC plugin I know of with curves is Color Finesse. And yes, launching into a new application and interface is a pain, and trying to color match scenes is a tad difficult when you can’t see them side by side. A bit better integration into FCP would be nice, but I don’t see them doing that.

    Darn it all.

  • Shane Ross

    November 11, 2005 at 11:13 am in reply to: final cut pro hd edl’s

    ELDs are cross platform. That is really the reason for their existence….to take a project from an Avid to a linear edit bay and online assemble on a Grass Valley, or to finish on a Discreet system….pretty much go from one system to another.

    EDLs have different standards, such as CMX3600 (the most common used) and GVG 7.0.

  • Shane Ross

    November 11, 2005 at 10:45 am in reply to: flowers

    I have never heard of such a plugin. But look in Livetype for something like this. Or you might be able to do this with Motion.

Page 2222 of 2285

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy