Forum Replies Created

Page 1176 of 1230
  • Rafael Amador

    April 19, 2007 at 3:51 pm in reply to: MPG2 out of Final Cut

    If you are compressing the audio too, Compressor don’t see yet the difference and assign the same time than to the video. But the audio compression is done fast. So in the end is the half of the supposed time.
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 19, 2007 at 3:46 pm in reply to: jpeg into NTSC sequence

    Hi,
    Which codec is your sequence? Is is DV you will never get any good quality.
    You better try 8b Unc or so. But I think that with still you will allways have to rende.
    If you are down-sizing the images in FC probably you will have to add some blur. Anyway for working with pictures I would always recommend you AE or Shake. Kiping the levels right and exporting a .MOV with a YCrCb codedec if you want to bring it to FC.
    Cheers,
    Rfael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 19, 2007 at 3:37 pm in reply to: MPG2 out of Final Cut

    Hi Tony,
    I suggest you to do what Jeff says. Compressor with a ref movie once you have rendered everything. Compressor can take very long time when you send from the time-line, because everything is re-rendered. Also when you work with Compressor with the “Frame Control” in customer is very slow. But if you dont go to change the field-order, the size, and you don’t go to do any retiming, you can work with that option “off”. For me normally it takes to compress the MPG2 a bit more than the double of the duration of the clip. This for a two-passes VBR.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 19, 2007 at 4:03 am in reply to: Field position correction

    Yes Peter I understand that is not just to shift the field order. To do that the “Shift-fields” in FC would be enough. What you got is a big mess of lines and for these cases Is why I recommended you Shake or RE-Vision FK.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 18, 2007 at 6:48 pm in reply to: Field position correction

    Hi Peter,
    If you got Shake you can try it with the “Conversion” in the timing tab. It suposed can do things like that re-interlace movies that has being rendered in the wrong order. With FC you should have a look to RE-Vision Fields Kit or similar. RE-Vision Fields Kit is a very good tool and affordable.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 17, 2007 at 12:51 pm in reply to: Text – font selection not working?

    Alan,
    I’ve been like that for few months with the FC 5.0.4. I had acces only to the Lucida Grande.
    Only when I up-dated to the 5.1.2, i started to be able to chage font.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 17, 2007 at 4:48 am in reply to: Taking still pictures from video

    Ed,
    This why I do it in FC with BorisCC, RE_Vision or Nattress. The de-interlacer of Photoshop is too basic. In AE you can get it well done with the same plugins. There is an article in the COW comparing the different methods. Although to make still mai not be necesary to use the most precise one.
    Cheer,
    Rafel

  • Hi Toni,
    Fc do not support EPS. If you are having problems with your PNG, you should look somewhere else because PNG keeps all the quality of the EPS.
    Are you editing in DV?
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 16, 2007 at 3:25 pm in reply to: Latest QuickTIme for Web Compression Formula?

    Hi Rob,
    I agree with Jeff. The H264 is amazing. The presets in Compressor are OK. Use the one that can fits you.
    Just one recommendation: Deinterlace before the conversion.
    cheers,
    rafael

  • Absolutly right. Not differece at all from the tape or FireWire.
    I’ve got just a SONY DVCam DSR-PD 170 but when I capture to chroma-key with the Blackmagic in 8/10b Unc, I can not belive that image come from my own camara.
    Cheers,
    rafael

Page 1176 of 1230

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy