Forum Replies Created

Page 1177 of 1230
  • Rafael Amador

    April 16, 2007 at 3:13 pm in reply to: PAL to NTSC problem

    Don’t worry about your English. mine is worst.
    So you can record few minutes in the tape without problem, isn’t it?
    Then just try to record manually instead of use the “Print to video” function. Put a bit of black before your sequence, set the camara to record and play your time-line.
    Sorry I can not give you a better advice.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 16, 2007 at 3:03 pm in reply to: Exporting to QT very slow

    Hi Maria-luisa,
    Once that the time-line has being rendered all the exporting to QT should be fast, In fact is just write toguether all the rendered pieces.
    Before that trashing prefferences or re-installing FC or so, I would recommend you to make sure that your system is optimiced. In my experience the most of the problems get away with a good maintenance, permissions repaired and clean directories.
    If I would be in your situation, the first think I would do it would be just re-start the computer.
    Cheers,
    Rafael
    PS: Normally when I render or expot, I open the Activity Monitor. It can help you to know if the rendering is going well or if there is a problem.

  • Rafael Amador

    April 16, 2007 at 2:49 pm in reply to: Taking still pictures from video

    And don’t forget to drop a de-interlacing filter before to make the Freeze Frame.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 16, 2007 at 12:16 pm in reply to: de-interlacing

    Hi Steve,
    If you drag a clip in Fc to a time-line that got the opposite field order, FC set a “Field-shift” filter in each clip to compensate that difference. As you says, if you started with “lower-first” and you want to finish in “lower-first” you could have avoided this step exporting from AE “lower-first”.
    Everything that you do for the web must be de-interlaced. You can do it in FC or in the application you use to compress it (Compressor, Squeeze, Cleaner..) otherwise will look bad.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 16, 2007 at 11:03 am in reply to: Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 graphic importing

    Dv in a 8b time-line must to be rendered. What zrb123 suggest you to do is to change the codec of your time-line so you can see that what you got is just a problem of the DV codec. Too much compression. Do some tests. Change your time-line to 8b and render a piece of your time-line with graphics to see if its looks better. If so keep on editing in DV (for RT preview) and when you got everything ready, chage the time-line to 8b and export your movie. Then you can transcode again to DV to print to video. It will look better than if you print your time-line rendered in DV. This will also allow you to improve your footage with some CC and chroma-smoothing.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 16, 2007 at 10:47 am in reply to: PAL to NTSC problem

    [Juliana] “I exported the video from my PAL HD timeline into self-contained movie NTSC HD.”
    Juliana,
    I do not understand this. If you are editing PAL and your sequence is PAL, then you must export PAL and them convert to NTSC. Once you have your film in NTSC you can print it to video in NTSC.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 16, 2007 at 10:41 am in reply to: Gamma Shifts between Mac and PC .mov renders.

    Hi,
    I’ll recommend you to read the Graeme Nattresss article: Video levels in FC Pro. You ca get it in the LAFCUG. Also in the SHAKE’s help there is a good explanation of how FC and SHAKE manage the gamma in a different way.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 15, 2007 at 1:43 pm in reply to: NTSC to PAL

    Hi Jhon,
    Have a look in Google for MPGStreamclip is free. You can convert your MPG in few other formats. But if you have to transcode it to PAL, as Johan says, youbetter convertit in a QT movie (.mov). I recommendo you DVCPro50 (DV50) or 8b Uncompress. They are 422 codecs and although MPG2 are 420, like that you can keep all that the DVD has to offer. With a more compressed codec the picture will suffer more.
    To convert it to PAL you can use Compressor although to get the job well done can take a lot of time. Is what happens with Compressor when you set “Frame control” to Custom.
    I ‘ve never used it but there are many Cow people using the Natress Standar Conversion plugin in FC. Everybody says that the qualiti is amazing andis quite fast. I heard of some people using to convert NTSC-PAL the same MPGSTreamclip, and also with very positives results.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 15, 2007 at 1:29 pm in reply to: Retail tips and tricks?

    Chris you also got some nice free transitions in the Telli’sFV, TooMuchTooSoon and Stib’s Transitions. I can not recommendo you any one because I hardly use transitions, but I remember I had a look some times and they where few interesting things,
    Cheer,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 15, 2007 at 1:17 pm in reply to: small still photos in FCP composite look low-res

    If the pictures got a lot of resolution and you are scaling them down if FC, you can get a lot of crap on it. Try to put 0.5 Gaussian Blur in the stills.
    rafael

Page 1177 of 1230

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy