Forum Replies Created

Page 1175 of 1230
  • Rafael Amador

    May 10, 2007 at 2:34 pm in reply to: Muxing with MPEG Streamclip: quality loss?

    Yes you can do it directly with Compressor but you will end up with a MPG audio that for the same data-rate will give you less quality thatn the AC3. When we are really MUXING we can only MUX MPG audio and video files to get a MPG file. We can pack together m2v with AC3, AIFF or WAV audio, but these are not really MUXED in the very sense of the term.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 10, 2007 at 1:49 pm in reply to: changing size of mpeg 1 in compressor

    Hi mastra,
    Different that the MPG2 that allows many “profiles”, sizes and data-ratesThe MPG1 was created with a fixed size and data rate (in fact lower than the one that Compressor offer today). If you want to get a decent MPG1 is very important that you de-interlace before compressing. QT do not support interlaced movies smallers than more or less 380×288 (I do not remember the exact size). I guess the same it happens with WM, RealPlayer and so.
    Anyway the solution that Debe points is the more recomendable. Flip4Mac its give you the best options for working between Mac and Pcs.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 23, 2007 at 4:36 am in reply to: Apple’s Color, my thoughts

    Andy,
    I’m leaving this afternoon to the South where I’m filming the building of a dam and I’ll be away for a couple of weeks. On my return I’ll contact you and I’ll try to send you some images. I’ve shoot some tribes and places that I belive they have never been filmed before.
    Anyway I like to stay in touch with you because through your post I can see that you are really up to the last technical achievement and you’r working in high level productions.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 22, 2007 at 12:50 pm in reply to: Rendering in RGB or 8-bit YUV

    Hi Anton,
    I’ve see the shoot. Sorry I can not help you with that. Why don’t you send the still to the people of RedGiant? Now they got a support web site.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 22, 2007 at 12:31 pm in reply to: Apple’s Color, my thoughts

    Hi Andy,
    I’m trying to survive making videos in this incredible country. Is quite interesting because that give me the chance to see things and to go to places that otherwise I couldn’t. but also is quite tiring because I have to do almost everything. From writing the script to handle a DVD (or VCD that is the national standar). The most of my customers are NGOs and developement agencies, here are very little market and industry. But in the other hand there are not many skilled people to make a really finished product, so I have work enough. My main problem is to find local people that can help me. There are dozens of laotians editing karaoke, unfortunally they have not a basic backgroung to understand the concepts of the digital video ant they can not go further than cutting the film.
    I’ve got a G5 and I film with a small SONY DVCamDSR170 because here nobody will pay for nothing better. But the last two years I’ve been pushing the colorr correction and I boutht me a good monitor, so now I ‘m happy with my pictures.
    Untill not long ago my dream (?) was some day to work in DVCPro50, but now with the HD revolution I don’t see the things so clear. I don’t know if those new 25Mbps HD formats are worth or not. What do you think Andy? I don’t know if that MPG2 compression it suits my filming. Normally I film on the fly. i portrait the normal life I I can not set the scens as I want, And normally there is a lot of movement. Now with the new PANASONIC HPX200 to shoot real HD is not a dream, but for archiving? May be soon with the Blue-ray? I’ve got near 200 hours film and for me is important to try to keep almost everything because this country is changing very fast, and many interesting things are just desapearing.
    I read in some of your posts that you are working with XD-Cam. Is it good?
    Andy, sorry if talk, talk and talk. As you can realize I miss people to talk or to ask advice about technical or creative matters. Thanks God now I’ve got the Cow, although some times I think they will send me away because I post too much.
    I hope to have a web site ready in the next future where I’ll put some images, I’ll send you the link.
    And if you ever think of comming around just let me know. Is an amazing country with a very good beer, so we don;t need to talk about work. But don’t forget to bring a camara.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 21, 2007 at 12:44 pm in reply to: Apple’s Color, my thoughts

    Hi Bob,
    I wanted to write you when you posted few days ago. Just to say that I’m with you. I live in one of the poorest countries in the world (Laos) where a video editor get 200 US$ a month (if is good). Applications are just tools to earn our living, not luxury objets to make different to the one who possesit. Lets play with the same cards.
    Apple have disapointed me many times but I think they are doing a great job bringing these tools to everybody. And for sure in the end they will make more money like that.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 21, 2007 at 8:39 am in reply to: Rendering in RGB or 8-bit YUV

    What David says is to change the codec of your sequence. In the Setting window chage DV/DVCPro to 8b Ubcompress.

    [antonbradley] “he option: render 10-bit material in high-precision YUV is greyed out (so not available?)”
    You can force the rendering in 10b. If I would be in your place I would do it.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 20, 2007 at 3:32 pm in reply to: Rendering in RGB or 8-bit YUV

    Hi Anton,
    The question is that there are many plugins that have been designed to work in RGB, and even if you set your sequence in YUV they render RGB.I would like to know which is yours sequence codec and also what kind of footage are you working with.
    Anyway, having a good monitoring, I wouldn’t care much about the color space but about how its look on the screen.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 20, 2007 at 3:25 pm in reply to: Creating DVD in US to play on European DVD players

    Yes I agree with Neal. DVD players in Europe plays NTSC (all the films from America come in NTSC) but the defformation in the image is noticiable. If you want to do a better job, transcode it to PAL first and them make the PAL MPG2.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    April 20, 2007 at 3:20 pm in reply to: ERROR: out of memory

    Hi,
    Whenever things like that happes to me I go to the (what I think is) the easiest way.
    Open your project. Now open a new one. Now select and drag everything from the old project brownser to the new one. Save it and see if its works.
    Good luck.
    Rafael

Page 1175 of 1230

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy