Forum Replies Created

Page 1174 of 1230
  • Rafael Amador

    May 12, 2007 at 4:24 pm in reply to: Archive Disk Corrupted…Options?

    I agree 100%.
    Rafael

  • [Michael Black FCP] “My question is: why is there a difference in these when using 100% quality in a supposedly uncompressed codec?”
    Animation is a “lossless codec” when you set certain parameters, but as you can see you can adjustthe compression. Then, I guess, become “lossy”. If you set “Keyframe every 24 frames”, that mean that one in every 24 frames is an original one, the other 23 have some compression. If you set “keyframe every frame” all the frames have the full orinal information.
    Anyway if you go to DVD I would recommend you to export in a YCrCb codec: 8/10b Unc.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • And Motion if doesn’t find the necesary hardware it won’t let you even to install it. I can’t in my G4 lap-top.
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 12, 2007 at 11:16 am in reply to: Archive Disk Corrupted…Options?

    Borjis, I think that if everybody would use Diskwarrior or Techtools the number of posts in those forums would decrease in at least a 20%. Whenever I start to have problems with FC the first things that I do is to rstart in “safe mode”, repair permissions and run one of those programs. The last things: Trash prefferences and re-install FC.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 12, 2007 at 6:25 am in reply to: Leaving decks on?

    Hi Chris,
    Betacam are really tough machines. I know some desks working since 20 years.
    But as Wayne and Lee I’m on my 50’s and I still enjoy when I switch off all the equipement and everything get silent.
    CRT monitors need warm-up. Video desk with a non-smoking operator are happy enough.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 12, 2007 at 6:06 am in reply to: Export MPEG 2 with MPEG 1 Audio in one file

    Hi Randy,
    You can mux these files with ffmpgx but you can do it directly in Compressor too. Open a MPG2 preset in the inspector and click the “Extras” tab. You will find a check box that writes: Multiplexed MPG-1/Layer 2 Audio. Just check it and you will get a full muxed MPG2 with the video and audio in a file as you want.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 12, 2007 at 5:50 am in reply to: PAL DVD

    You better copy the Video_TS in your HD so MPGSTreamclip will have less problem to read the file(.VOBs). If the DVD is protected you will need MacTheRipper (look in Google) to copy the Video_TS. The region shouldn’t be a problem. With a different region you can not play the DVD, but you can copy the Video_TS folder.
    If you got any problem post in this thread and I will try to help you.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 11, 2007 at 11:38 am in reply to: Pro Apps Update 4.0

    Hi Andy,
    Sorry I can not help you about the Pro App update.
    I’m back in Vientiane since two days but I will go back to Nakai on Monday. I tried to find your e-mail but I couldn’t get it in your profile. I sow that you are living in Kuala lumpur, great we are neighbors.
    My address is rafalaos x hotmail.com. Please send me an e-mail, I would like to know about your work there and also tell you about mine.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 11, 2007 at 11:24 am in reply to: PAL DVD

    Hi John,
    If you have the Video_TS folder in your HD, open MPGStreamclip. Then go to FILES>OPEN and select the .VOBs from the Video_TS ( the application offers you to open one by one or all toguether). Then you can export all the film or the clips that you can select in the viewer. If you go to edit the film im FC and convert it to NTSC you should export as a QT movie (.mov). You can choose the codec that better suits you (I would do it in 8b Unc or DVCPro50 to keep the best from the MPG2). Then you can convert this PAL.mov with SHAKE or Compressor to get a NTSC.mov to edit in aFC in a NTSC sequence. Or you drop the the PAL.mov in a NTSC time-line and applie the Nattress Standar-conversor like anyother effect.
    Cheers,
    Rafael
    PS: I’ve used SHAKE and Compressor for very short clips but if now I wold need to convert a few minutes movie, I would get me the Nattress SC rightaway.

  • Rafael Amador

    May 10, 2007 at 6:16 pm in reply to: PAL DVD

    The only problem you can have reading a DVD in your Mac is if the DVD has being format with a different region than your Mac DVD driver.
    I would suggest you to use MPGStreamclip to convert the MPG2 in QT mov’s, Export at least as DVCPro50 (DV50) , as 8b Unc, better. I read in the forum of some people that use the same application to convert PAL to NTSC or the opposite with good results.
    Other suggestion is the Nattress Standard Conversor, a plugin for FC from which I read the best critics about. Very good quality and much faster than SHAKE or Compressor.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

Page 1174 of 1230

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy