Forum Replies Created

Page 1173 of 1230
  • Rafael Amador

    May 23, 2007 at 1:42 am in reply to: Not happy with Compressor MPEG2 encodes; help!

    There is also some issues relating the chapter markers. In the past I made few DVDs with the Compressor pre-sets just rising the data-rate. I thought I would get better quality but I just got jumpy image. I tried the OPEN 6 frames GOPs and they work really well. I tried in few players and laptops and no problemo. Better picture and all the blocks around the moving objects deappeared.
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 22, 2007 at 1:32 pm in reply to: Not happy with Compressor MPEG2 encodes; help!

    Nigel,
    i think you can get better results using OPEN GOPs. Whichever you set (closed or open) you got only one “I” frame (a full original frame) per GOP. But in the case of the OPEN, the “I” frame of the next GOP is also used to buid the in-between frame. This is a big advantage.
    Any way you should have a look to the page 138 to 142 of the Compressor manual. All the GOP structure is quite well explained. Them few tests.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 22, 2007 at 4:19 am in reply to: Not happy with Compressor MPEG2 encodes; help!

    I’m doing now 6 frames GOPs (PAL) and OPEN. All the blockiness desappear. Any way with this system is necesary to rise the data-rate a bit. But I tried the DVDs in few domestic players and they play great. Probably old players will play jumpy.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 22, 2007 at 4:06 am in reply to: what “bug” in 10-bit?

    Yes confusing. For what Graeme Nattress had posted few times in this forum, the problem is not in the 10b code it self, but in the 32b rendering.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 19, 2007 at 1:51 am in reply to: Defrag?

    Sorry I forgot to say, in fact when working with FC, defrag can give very negative results. When capturing with FC the application in fact chop the captured files to make easier to manage them. As I wrote before, what you need is to optimice your system and keep clean your directories: Diskwarrior or Techtools is the answer.
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 19, 2007 at 1:43 am in reply to: Defrag?

    What you need is (after reparing permissions) to run Diskwarrior or Techtools. You will notice the difference.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 19, 2007 at 1:39 am in reply to: DV Jaggies in FCP

    The Nattress plugin work great. But if you want to pull the key in SHAKE you have some Macros that helps with the DV footage (ie, 4XX enhacer). Have a look in: Highend3d.com
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 15, 2007 at 10:43 am in reply to: Looking for 5.1.2 updater Anyone have it?

    Search in this forum. Like one and half ago I downloded from a link in a thread. Belong to a nice guy that still got it in his server.
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 15, 2007 at 10:26 am in reply to: Scale Changes between systems

    I understand that you created the graphics in SHAKE 1024×576 Square pixels, is

  • I recommend you the same work-flow than Jhon. Just set your PAL footage in a NTSC time-line and drop the Nattress Standar Conversion plugin. You can do it with Compressor, but a good satandard conversion take ages. And use QT conversion only when the quality is not an issue.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

Page 1173 of 1230

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy