Forum Replies Created

Page 1163 of 1230
  • Rafael Amador

    June 14, 2007 at 4:14 pm in reply to: Burnt in time code?

    Dear Chris,
    I read in one of your posts that you had two daughters already married. That must be relaxing. I’ve got only a daughter but is only 16 months old. I’ll be 50 soon (you and me must be from the same ‘era”).
    So I don’t know if is because I’m getting old, or because tomorrow I’m going to the beach to relax, or is because I’m just lazy, but start to get hard for me to give long answers to a certain kind of posts.
    We see everyday people posting about problems with interlacing, pixels aspect-ratios or with Alpha-channels. Those are problems that arise in the daily practice of our job, and they happens to everybody it doesn’t matter how skilled you are.
    Many of tehse problems are difficult to explain and also to understand without having a look at the problematic picture. But there are many people in the Cow that make a big effort and try to give theyr best advice to somebody in troubles and spend days answering to somebody.
    But Chris, I see more and more posts about quetions that shows that the person who post it just didn’t bother him self with opening the FC’s Help.
    Well, this was just to chat a bit. As I said before I need some vacations.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 14, 2007 at 2:58 pm in reply to: BAD text Problems in FCP6… HELP!!!!

    As Robert says if you are repositioning interlaced graphics you must be careful. If you shift them up or down an odd number of pixels, you are setting the even lines of your graphic on top of the odd lines of your time-line and the odd lines of your graphics on top of the even and you can end-up with something looking really bad. If you shift the position to the left or the right (y) there is not such a problem.
    Anyway if you are editing in a DV time-line is difficult to get good graphics or text. Apply a bit of blur to your graphics. 0.5 vertical blur can make it look much better.
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 14, 2007 at 2:46 pm in reply to: Green Screen Help!!

    I would do the green screen in AE or Shake and them I would export only the Alpha channel. Them I would do the rest in FC. The Alpha channel is just a 8 or 16b file so really light.
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 14, 2007 at 5:44 am in reply to: Compression DVpro to Mpeg2

    I’ve never heard about DVPro 60. May be DVCPro50?
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 13, 2007 at 3:40 pm in reply to: Burnt in time code?

    Just nest the sequence and drop the “TC Reader” filter.
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 13, 2007 at 3:36 pm in reply to: I edited in the wrong pixel aspect ratio!

    I don’t know if you set wrong the pixel aspect ratio of your sequence or of your clips.
    The pixel aspect ratio of your sequence you change it in the setting. The pixel aspect ratio of your footage you have to cahnge it in the Brownser windo. But when you change it, the clips that you have lied before keep the brong aspect ratio so you must reset the distortion.
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 13, 2007 at 3:26 pm in reply to: Pro 1.5 to FCP

    There are applications like Automatic Duck that allows you to open FC, and AVID sequences in AE or Combustion. There are different combinations. It works very well but is expensive. A way to export data from your Premier project to FC is through a XML that is basically a list of shoots.. I’ve never usded it but it’s works although is limited the data that is comprensible for the other program. I mean I ges there is not problem with the “in” and “out” of the clips, but effects and motion attributes fro Premier probably they can not be understood by FC.
    I’ve got I can not have a look to the “FC’s Help” but probably all the information is in it.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 11, 2007 at 1:36 am in reply to: Capturing with Black Magic

    Borjis: There is not mean that you can get something better from componet than from Firewire. Through Firewire your geting a clone of what you got in the tape. What ever “visual improvement” you can get downloading trough a video card, you can get it by software in your time-line.
    [David Roth Weiss] “t is actually helical scan, meaning that instead of recording length-wize along the tape, it records on a bias along the tape, which means that more information is recorded along the same length of tape”
    David: Sorry to say that you are wrong. All the video recoders excet the old AMPEX 2 inches (that made a transversal scaning) make helical scan. When you use a DVCam camara, you can select DVCam or MiniDV mode. The only difference when selecting DVCam is that the tape run a 25% faster, so the video-tracks are a 25% wider. But what you get recorded in any case is exactly the same. Wider video-tracks can be useful when working in dirty environements because you got less chances of drop-outs due to dust. Even the suposed advantage of the lock-audio is something theoreticall as SONY recognize in the DVCam brochure.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • That would be great. I look forward to buy me a Panasonic 200, and the Blue-Ray is the only affordable system to archive DVCProHD footage.
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 10, 2007 at 3:08 pm in reply to: rendering targa alpha files in FCS2

    Thanks Greg. I have to write to Graeme because I’ve got also an issue with the G transitions. If I set them in YUV the image get streched in the top of the screen of my external monitor, although they look well in the camvas. but when rendered they are really stretched. Doesn’t happens in RGB. I don’t know if is something related with my BM card.
    Thanks again for the info.
    Rafael

Page 1163 of 1230

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy