Forum Replies Created

Page 1162 of 1230
  • Rafael Amador

    June 15, 2007 at 3:21 am in reply to: Plugin for After Effects

    Russ,
    As you says there are many things that can not be done in FC so the only solution is to work in AE using a Video-scope and a external monitor.
    In the beguining FC renders just in RGB. I just wonder why applications like AE or Shake can not work in YUV.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 15, 2007 at 3:13 am in reply to: I have to use 6.2 when using fcpstudio 2 ?

    Thanks Sean.
    Rafael

  • I never had the out-put changed when changing easy set-ups. I always had to chage it manually. But in my case I can not mistake an 8b sequence being read as 10b or the opposite. My BM its only out-put a freeze frame in those cases.
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 14, 2007 at 5:36 pm in reply to: I have to use 6.2 when using fcpstudio 2 ?

    Sean,
    Since I up-dated to FC5.1.2 I’ve been having problems with the interlacing. Itried all the BM drivers released after the 5.7, but without any improvement. You know if the problem has been resolved with the 6.2?
    Thanks,
    rafael
    G5 2x2Gb BM XtreemSD

  • Rafael Amador

    June 14, 2007 at 5:28 pm in reply to: FCP newbie

    If you are in the middl of a project, jut wait. XML and EDls are files that can be understood by different applications but are basically lists of shots. You export a list of clips with the IN and OUT points, but there are many other attributes and settings that, either are not included in the list, or being included are not understood by the other application, i.e: filters, transitions, motion etc. XMLs or EDLs can be very useful and time saving, but is not the same than just to open a project.
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 14, 2007 at 5:16 pm in reply to: how do you control the light ?

    Antonio,
    you can have a look to the “Levels’ filter.
    Where do you say that the DVD look to brighting? In a TV? In a Mac? PC? CRT monitor?
    Depending wher you watch it can look very different. In fact if you want a movie to look perfect in these different screens, you would need to make 4 different movies.
    If iyour problem is when you play a DVD in a TV set, have a look to the gamma filter in Compressor.
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 14, 2007 at 5:07 pm in reply to: Best way to import SD to an HD Timeline?

    Just to add Erik, when you export from MPGStreamclip, do it to 8b Unc. SD DVDs MPG2 are 420, but different than the PALDV 420. Think that when you are applying MPGStreamclip, you are converting that 420 video in a 444 one, and them recompresing it to the cocec that you chose. So if you export to 8b unc at least you keep a 422. Probably the best that you can extract from the MPG2.
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 14, 2007 at 4:55 pm in reply to: Plugin for After Effects

    And why on’t you just do everything in FC? To send things to AE to be CC and them back to FC I don’t think is a good workflow. You go fro YCrCb to RGB and them probably back to YCrCb. You will never know how your movie will end-up looking. I don’t know what kind of footage are you using, but even if you are working with high quality 10b uncompress, my advice is to try to make as less Rendering-Compression_Exporting as posible. If you can do everything at once, the best. And try to change color space as long as you can.
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 14, 2007 at 4:33 pm in reply to: freeze frame problem

    Hi Adam,
    I don’t know if could work but I would try nesting the sequence and droping a de-interlacer after the freezing. BTW which codec is your time-line?
    rafael

  • The way is easy, but you have to do it clip by clip. Put the Play-head in the first frame of the clip where you want to “recover” the audio. Tipe “F” (Match Frame) so in the Brownser window
    you will get the same clip that you got in the time-line. Just press F10 or drag the clip to the “Overwrite” window, and the clip from the Brownser will overwrite the clip of the time-line. If you want to keep the video because you have applied filters or so, select only the audio channels of the time-line or set the”lock” to the video track.
    It may be any easier way but, really, I don’t know it.
    Rafael

Page 1162 of 1230

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy