Forum Replies Created

Page 150 of 221
  • Mike Velte

    November 29, 2006 at 12:28 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro 2: Whats the best DVD settings?

    Premiere and Encore share the same encoding engine. I export the Mpeg/wave files from Premiere to use in Encore.
    The length of your movie determines the video bitrate. Some longer movies {90+ minutes) can benefit from 2 pass VBR (Variable bitrate), but need a mix of high motion and static shots. Stick with Lower Field first for DV video.
    I have a bitrate chart on my web.
    http://www.video2stream.com

  • Mike Velte

    November 29, 2006 at 12:21 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro 1.5 – Trim Window

    Put your CTI at the join of 2 clips on the timeline, the trim window displays the last frame of the first clip and the first frame of the second. Your clips will have to have sufficient “handles” to create new out and in points.

  • Mike Velte

    November 29, 2006 at 12:13 pm in reply to: Safe area/margin

    For a limited distribution (one or two), dual layer discs might be fine, but they have more compatibility issues than D5s.
    For two hours on a single disc, your average bitrate should be 4400 kbps for video + Dolby audio. Choose 2 pass vbr; 2000 kbps minimu, 4400 kbps target and 7000 kbps maximum. Dont mess with the GOP configuration or you might create non conforming video.

    I have a bitrate chart on my web;
    http://www.video2stream.com

  • Mike Velte

    November 28, 2006 at 12:27 pm in reply to: Safe area/margin

    Most folks do not resize video clips to fit inside the safe margin. If the video was framed properly during shooting, it is not necessary.

  • Mike Velte

    November 28, 2006 at 12:10 pm in reply to: Slow Clips?

    I am suprised Premiere even imports the clip captured in Movie Maker as it is DirectShow type 1 file. Suggest recapture with Premiere and dont use the AVcutter thingy as it may be screwing up the file header.

  • Mike Velte

    November 27, 2006 at 12:19 pm in reply to: I-Frame Only MPEG-2 -or- Uncompressed 10-bit

    When creating a new project, I have 2 HDV options on the General page; HDV 720 and HDV 1080i, but no choices for the File format on the Video Rendering page, I-frame only Mpeg 2 is greyed out. If you shot in the HDV mode, choose one of the HDV presets that matches your camera setting…720 or 1080i.
    HDV is basically Mpeg2 I frame only on the DV tape which is then converted to an intermediate codec for editing.

  • Mike Velte

    November 27, 2006 at 12:05 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro built in DVD creator = slowest thing on earth?

    I have seen Pro unable to Burn to Disc on a number of systems. I suspect caused by other burning apps. Choose the Burn to Folder option and then use your burning app to burn the VIDEO_TS folder to disc.

  • Mike Velte

    November 27, 2006 at 12:03 pm in reply to: Can’t save to tape

    Are you exporting to DV tape? What happens? Error messages? Can you capture OK?

  • Mike Velte

    November 26, 2006 at 12:18 pm in reply to: No capture of stereo-recorded audio

    What kind of camcorder records mono audio? Did you set your camera to record to channels 3 and 4 at 12 bit?

  • Mike Velte

    November 25, 2006 at 12:57 pm in reply to: GeForce Issues???

    If you boot into Safe Mode, Windows will load generic VGA drivers. If you can load Premiere, the drivers might be an issue, if not, you may have a problem with the card or its compatibility with other components like the mothboard or sound card.

Page 150 of 221

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy