Forum Replies Created

Page 121 of 196
  • Joseph Owens

    August 14, 2012 at 7:24 pm in reply to: Record to tape with source timecode?

    check out page 48 in the new Resolve 9 beta manual.
    There is provision for outputing source code to tape in assemble mode.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    August 12, 2012 at 11:33 pm in reply to: how to move a complete project to another computer

    Feels like you are trying to consolidate the media which sort of falls under a Final Cut “Media Manager” kind of functional workflow.

    If you want to completely change the path hierarchy of your project, maybe that would be a better approach and then relink the grade with an exported Resolve project & ColorTrace.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    August 12, 2012 at 6:02 pm in reply to: Record to tape with source timecode?

    I don’t know how deep the menus will let you go on the DVW, but you should be able to set the time code to “external” and perhaps there is a way of porting the source code out of your SDI card that isn’t your main timeline base timecode.

    On the HDCam deck you should be able to select “external” as well, and pick the code imbedded in the SDI feed.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    August 9, 2012 at 9:44 pm in reply to: Synchronize A Timeline To A WAV File

    Yes, you’re right its a slightly different procedure, but once done, it looks familiar again.

    You do need to pull the wav into the Media Pool, load it in the Viewer, choose a sync point (or not) then right click on the timeline you want to sync the track to (in Conform) and then there will be a menu asking what you want to do. (Page 272 in the new manual).
    You do have to check the box linking to the file — the last time I did this it seemed like the procedure was in transition and I don’t know if this is exactly the way it is in the last beta.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    August 7, 2012 at 8:40 pm in reply to: Need to export JPEG2000 in MXF wrapper

    Rafael’s second URL will probably be more useful, as it sounds like you’re being asked to make a DCP.
    Getting trendy.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    August 7, 2012 at 8:20 pm in reply to: FCP Sequence to DCP

    Here’s a starting point:

    Q: Does the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences accept DCPs when qualifying for an Academy Award?

    A: Yes, but to comply with Academy rules, your DCP must meet the following specifications:

    Video: 24.00 frames per second
    Compression: JPEG2000
    Color Space: XYZ
    Video Format: 2K – 2048×1080 container size (1920×1080, 1998×1080 and other image sizes are acceptable)
    Audio Format: 24-bit, 48 kHz uncompressed
    Minimum 3 channels (Left,Right,Center) or 5.1 (L,R,C,LFE,LS,RS)
    Audio Channel
    Mapping: 1:Left 2:Right 3:Center 4:Subwoofer 5:Left Surround 6:Right Surround
    Encryption: Unencrypted material only

    Q: Where can I find more complete technical specifications for DCPs?

    A: Complete DCP specifications are contained in the following:
    SMPTE 428-1-2006 D-Cinema, ISO/IEC 15444-1, SMPTE 428-2-2006
    D-Cinema, SMPTE 428-3-2006 D-Cinema

    Most of the DCP software manufacturers have more information, and as you work your way through configuring a compression run, you will find out more information.

    You can try Qubemaster, Doremi, Quvis, … there are about 2 or 3 dozen suppliers, now.

    The trick is figuring out how to play them back, so you know you’re not just delivering a big directory of corrupted data.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    August 7, 2012 at 8:12 pm in reply to: VHS Capture questions

    [Joseph Hung] “Why does FCP hide these issues at smaller viewing sizes?”

    FCP only shows you one field in preview.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    August 7, 2012 at 8:08 pm in reply to: remove unwanted item

    As tempting as it is to suggest soaking the jar in water for a couple of hours, I’m not going there.

    If the shot is static, you have the option of blurring the image in that area, or replacing the label with a graphic or “decal” keyed over the area that … maybe… looks like what the pickles would have looked like if the label wasn’t there. If the shot is moving around, or the jar is moving, or someone or something interferes with the visibility of the label, then you are into tracking and rotoscoping the VFX.

    Sometimes this is described as logo removal, sometimes as “creating a clean plate” but there are likely many online video how-to’s published. There’s probably a way to do it in “Motion”, but I am only familiar with MochaPro and SHAKE.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    August 5, 2012 at 7:50 pm in reply to: Problems downloading the Resolve 9 manual.

    [Steve Davies] “the clip splitter/editor in 9 doesn’t work.”

    Worked for me.

    The manual should come along with the upgrade in the .dmg package.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    August 5, 2012 at 7:48 pm in reply to: Davincie Resolve 9.0 Beta only with dongle?

    There is a V9Beta for all versions Mac licensed+ Lite and Windows licensed + Lite…

    You might have inadvertently downloaded the licensed version…

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

Page 121 of 196

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy