Forum Replies Created

Page 120 of 196
  • Pull up the manual. Beta9.

    Read page 536. “There are other ways that linked clip relationships are formed, …”

    You have the option of creating a new “Remote” version for each split of the original master clip, or by creating Local Versions, also covered. It is important to remember that “Version 1” is the default version if the grade might become important for future use.

    Become familiar with the use of Groups, starting from page 553. You can remove all clips from a group with a shift click on first-and-last, right-click and remove. Then all your split-created clips will behave independently, even though they come from a single source clip in the master timeline.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    August 19, 2012 at 11:36 pm in reply to: Da Vinci Lite keep on crashing

    tell me what the problem might be?

    In the good old days, we might guess that there was some kind of invalid or unsupported codec or operation (imbedded or nested sequence, for example) that would cause the application to halt.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Classic group behaviour… ungroup the clips with whatever the command is… its in the manual.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Try:

    https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/4716870/DaVinci_Resolve9_Manual_Aug_2012.pdf

    around page 237.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    August 17, 2012 at 2:29 pm in reply to: Luminance control

    There are a number of books that look at this distinction, and I think the luminance control is discussed in the manual.

    Fundamentaly, because nearly all image manipulation systems are based on RGB processing, making brightness adjustments becomes a challenge because its mathematically difficult to perform that kind of operation without affecting the overall matrix in some way that doesn’t deviate from the desired effect in terms of balance, contrast, and saturation (at least perceptually, if not, in fact, numerically).

    So luminance-only tries to offer an operating regime that simulates a Y’CbCr environment, in which the Y (luminance) component can be altered as if it was an independent channel — which it might have been, but in this process is no longer. It could almost be regarded as a kind of secondary process, and it is not supported under any CDL protocol, becaause it is not, strictly speaking, an RGB process.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    August 16, 2012 at 2:37 am in reply to: BUG: import FCPX XML crashes Davinci to desktop.

    Frankly, I’m surprised that FCX runs on that MacPro, (a 1,1 with a 5770, no CUDA?) let alone R9.

    I have been running R9 on OS 6.8 for awhile, and although I am seeing some audio issues possibly making things a little ragged, no loading problems.

    But even Snow Leopard was such a near disaster for me that I am extremely reluctant to move along into Lion. I lost the use of my MacBook Pro for a couple of days and had to nearly completely rebuild it after “upgrading” from SL and of course lost several applications due to compatibility issues with the new OS. May as well have just loaded a destructive virus.

    Is it APPLE corporate philosophy that we have to keep contributing to the big Plastic swirl in the Pacific on a continuing basis?

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    August 15, 2012 at 2:23 pm in reply to: FCPX update soon?

    Of course, we know not the day nor the hour.

    LOLZ

    Except that the rapture will be a giveaway that somethin’zup.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Two possibilities…

    Are you in source mode when attempting to export specific clips? Target mode makes clip selection irrelevant and only In/Out would be meaningful. You should almost always be able to right-click to select “just this clip”.

    Do you have an eligible node selected to ad an “outside node” to? It will need to be qualified in some way so there is an “inside” to begin with. Right clicking on an appropriate node should also present an option to add an outside node.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • you shouldn’t have a monitor attached to the GT120 if you are using it as a Gpu processor.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    August 14, 2012 at 7:55 pm in reply to: Going from full range to 709?

    Chapter 2 pp 122- 127

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

Page 120 of 196

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy