> the last one appears looking funny if I bring it into a project that has the properties set for 16:9 display.
That is a problem. Frame Size: 720 x 480 and Pixel Aspect Ratio: 0.9091 is NOT 16:9 it’s 4:3. If Vegas thinks the media is 16:9 then you must change this in the media properties to the correct aspect.
> So do you mean that I should bring in the final clip to the project anyway, and crop the parts of the frame that are black around the edges out? is it that simple? It appears to make that film clip look very close up. Am I understanding this correctly?
I would set the project to 720×405 PAR 1.000, progressive. The first 4 will match perfectly. Bring the last file in and make sure Vegas recognizes it as 4:3. Then open Pan/Crop on the last file and right-click and select Match Output Aspect. This will add a crop that will match the rest of the media. Yes, it will be zoomed in because the video is not wide enough but that’s the only option if you want them all 16:9.
~jr
http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com