Forum Replies Created

Page 118 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    March 1, 2014 at 1:55 pm in reply to: Tracers With Particles

    You would just keyframe the emitter “Particles/sec” for a quick fire burst of particles, and for your project would want to change the Emitter > Direction property to “Directional”

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 1, 2014 at 1:51 pm in reply to: Epic Falling Object Tips

    Hi Brad. I made a project a few years ago where letters were falling out of the sky, fluttering a little by the wind. Basically, just using a sin curve to move them back and forth in x and z space, along with some y rotation.

    Here’s an updated version of that project. The controller null is where you can change the how often the flutters are(_Freq) and how big they are(_Amp or _Max Tilt). In the project I uploaded, I keyframed the _Freq of each property to get it to stop fluttering. And it’s set up so that you can use position keyframes on your object to move it into place(I wasn’t sure if your screen was moving or just the background).

    Take a look, it might help you on your project or give you some ideas to try out.
    7171_fallingfinal.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 28, 2014 at 12:36 pm in reply to: Particular explosion problem

    Along with the physics time factor(that’s where I would go to do this), have tried any of the time effects? Or time-remapping your explosion?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 28, 2014 at 1:11 am in reply to: Rotating two objects

    Add a null and place it in the center of both half circles. Parent the circles to the null and then rotate the null.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • I think the white flash/lens flare should be quicker, and perhaps play with the transfer modes on it, so it interacts a little more as it leaves/fades out. But overall I like it.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 27, 2014 at 11:03 pm in reply to: Ninja Impact Bomb with Particular

    Peder Norby made this project 10 years ago to show off Particular, fireworks, smoke text. I think you might be able to modify the “Smart Bomb CCD” project to create what you need.

    7168_pyropackcs6.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 27, 2014 at 6:52 pm in reply to: Epic Falling Object Tips

    I’ve got an idea of what you are trying to accomplish, but if you could upload a screen grab of your comp window, that would help in figuring out what the movement, elements and relationships…

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 27, 2014 at 2:06 pm in reply to: Importing photoshop text into AE

    Save your text in photo shop as a .psd, Open AE, import the .psd and make sure to check the Layer Option “Editable Layer Styles”

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 27, 2014 at 1:06 pm in reply to: Creating a shape layer

    Think that’s the default for AE. You could make an animation preset for the simple star shape and use that when you need it, but if you use the star shape tool again, it reverts to whatever you created last.

    The other method would be to just twirl open the polystar properties and set the points there, then the star tool will always start with the same amount of points, course that’s a couple of extra clicks opening up the properties.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 27, 2014 at 1:20 am in reply to: Creating a fading after image

    You should be able to accomplish that with the Echo Effect

    Short Echo Effect Tutorial

    Little project I did illustrating the technique: 7162_echoeffect.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 118 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy