Forum Replies Created

Page 119 of 374
  • Knew somebody must have engineered a solution to this already. Thanks Walter.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 26, 2014 at 12:55 pm in reply to: copy paste comp – unlink text layer

    Don’t copy and paste the precomps from within the comp, you are just making an exact duplicate—just like if you copied/pasted a video layer within your comp—it’s just a duplicate linked back to a single source.

    Find the precomp containing the text in the project window and “cntl+d” to make a duplicate of it(at this point I would rename that duplicate). Now drag that into your final composition, and you can open it up and make the text changes you need.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 25, 2014 at 2:12 am in reply to: rigid particles, rigid floor, container ?

    If it was done in AE, then they probably used Newton to achieve it.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 21, 2014 at 10:21 pm in reply to: How to mask moving shapes?

    The easiest way would be to add your mask to a solid above your moving shapes, animate that layer(either the mask path or just the layer position), then set your shape layers track matte to “alpha matte”

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • This script is the only way I know of doing it for a lot of text at once. textEdit

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 21, 2014 at 5:34 pm in reply to: Can I attach a null object to text edge?

    Probably need an expression to accomplish that, try posting in the AE Expressions Forum

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 21, 2014 at 3:53 pm in reply to: Optical Flares not showing in AE CS5 effects menu!

    You also have to install the license for it. There’s a little program you need to run to generate the correct code for the license. There’s a video on the Copilot site that goes through the entire thing step by step, it’s way more involved then it should be, IMO.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 21, 2014 at 3:48 pm in reply to: Project ideas for a newbie

    There are some great free resources for learning AE and C4D. If you are just starting, I would suggest beginning here: Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC)

    Once you move through that, I think some of the most creative and fun tutorials, that use a wide range of techniques can be found at VideoCopilot(mostly AE), Greyscalegorrila(combines C4D and AE) and Motionworks(C4D and AE).

    There’s a ton of other great sites out there too, do a search for C4D or After Effects tutorials and you’ll find them.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 19, 2014 at 4:17 pm in reply to: how do you show complete project in project window?

    Click the “x” at the end of the search query window to clear the search.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 19, 2014 at 3:36 pm in reply to: Autotrace and Rotoscoping

    For the rotobrush to work, work through the entire video, and extend the rotobrush work area. Finally you need to “freeze” the roto.

    The rotobrush is really cool, but it’s a little different than a lot of AE, effects, check out this tutorial to get a feel for the entire workflow: AfterEffects CS5: RotoBrush

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 119 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy