Forum Replies Created

Page 120 of 374
  • Is there a reason, you don’t you just make a precomp with the leading set to 80? If they need 1 line, they type one line, 2 lines-type 2 lines.

    Is there some reason you can’t do it this way?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 17, 2014 at 5:16 pm in reply to: render – Workflow question.

    What are you system specs, what kind of footage are you using, and what are your render settings?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • Use the lock on the viewer.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • The grid is for reference only, like a guide layer, it doesn’t show up in renders. If you like that as a background, use the Effect Generate > Checkerboard and mimic the grid. In a 1280×720 comp, I set the Width to 8, Color to 178,178,178 and the blending mode to “Normal”

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 14, 2014 at 1:16 pm in reply to: after effects and quicktime overlay advice

    Glad you figured it out. Avid Codecs are pretty good—make sure you step into all the options to turn on Alpha channels for the codec.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 14, 2014 at 1:15 pm in reply to: Does anyone know how to accomplish this effect?

    Without getting into the creation of the spinning gears(drawing,illustrator, vector objects). IMO, in this video what they did was used masks and a tranfer mode to place those drawings on the wall. I only watched a few places but notice how the the animations only appear in the locked down shot, that’s cause it’s easier to mask a locked down shot. The only thing that is moving is the talent. Also at times you can see the animation, lightly move across his face at times in the video, either he wasn’t masked, or was masked very softly.

    So here’s how I would do this, using this video as an example. Take your video layer and duplicate it. Now lock the bottom layer. Second start masking out the clocks, window and couch. Me, I would also do a loose mask our my talent, not too fancy and set a 20 frame feather, and some keyframes to follow him. Bring in the “Gear video” you want to play on the wall and place it below the masked layer. Now the animation will play behind those objects. Just select a transfer mode to your liking.

    Here’s a very simple example project illustrating the technique. 7128_maskingexamplefolder.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 14, 2014 at 12:51 pm in reply to: Optical Flares 3D tracker problem

    When your light get’s really far back, optical flares react as if they were far away, so they become incredibly small—check out my example project below. One, you can disable 3D perspective, I’m not sure how that will effect your project. You probably can compensate by adjusting the size of flare. Then there is that tutorial link I sent you before to Orient World. When you select a point, plane with orient world, it makes it the 0,0,0 coordinate and resizes everything that the camera tracker did, so you can work with less crazy numbers.

    The Orient World script just automates(and a whole lot more) the process that Andrew Kramer uses in this tutorial, so if you want you can manually do all of this for free: 131. 3D Truck Composite. He covers this idea in the first part of the tutorial, and really gets into around 3:30

    7127_flareexample.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 14, 2014 at 4:09 am in reply to: Optical Flares 3D tracker problem

    The camera tracker in AE creates a real huge z-space normally, check out this tutorial on Orient World, that will explain the problem.

    Basically your lens flare isn’t anywhere near the null right now in z-space. One method would be to crreate your null, then create a light. Parent the light to the null and 0 out the light’s position. Now it should be where the null is, now just use optical flares and tell it to use 3D lights.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 14, 2014 at 4:02 am in reply to: Video Copilot solid alpha channel- Should be an easy one

    You need to change the Render mode from “On Black” to “On Transparent”.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 13, 2014 at 4:21 pm in reply to: after effects and quicktime overlay advice

    When you made your file what codec did you select. Also what version of AE are you using? Did you render locally or across a network(I sometimes have issues with this and QT)

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 120 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy