Forum Replies Created

Page 117 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    March 5, 2014 at 12:49 pm in reply to: Animating Text Randomized (example link in post)

    Kevin, shouldn’t there should be a way to do this with the wiggly selector too? I’ve been messing around with it, getting close to the right results but not exactly what’s seen in the video.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • If you hit “S” to reveal the scale properties, there will be a chain linking the two properties(constraining them). I just tested it though, you can have them unlinked and still use the shift key to scale proportionally.

    This is how I “shift” scale. Create a new comp & new solid “cntl+y” and click on the solid. You should see 9 handles placed around the edge of the solid. Grab one of the handles by left clicking it and start dragging, now press the shift key.

    See if that works for you.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • Your layer 1, “Happy J Cabella’s…” has been turned into a guide layer(layer that is there for reference, but does not show up in renders, or if it’s in a precomp, doesn’t show up in downstream comps). If you right-click on the layer name, you will see a check mark next to “Guide Layer” just click on guide layer to to turn it back to a normal layer.

    Guide Layer Properties

    Also, it seems you are just getting started with AE, I strongly suggest you check out the guide put together by Todd Kopriva(lots of great free learning materials there): Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC)

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 5, 2014 at 4:46 am in reply to: tim and eric animation style

    There are hundreds of effects in that video…is there something in particular you want to accomplish? I didn’t see anything that couldn’t be done in AE. Just that you are asking, I would suggest you start here:

    Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC)

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • What are you trying to change, and by chance did you unlock the constrain scale parameter?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 5, 2014 at 4:43 am in reply to: keystroke to advance by a single frame?

    Page Down, Shift+Page Down will do 10 frames.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 3, 2014 at 3:41 pm in reply to: Waveform transition

    Glad I could help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • Something like that, I would just make myself, but here’s a template: Internet Search Engine

    Internet Search Looped

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 2, 2014 at 2:59 pm in reply to: Waveform transition

    I played with it, and just scaled up the audio spectrum layer while increasing it’s thickness to complete the wipe–check it out and see if this is what you’re trying to accomplish:

    7181_audiospectrumwipefolder.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 2, 2014 at 3:57 am in reply to: Waveform transition

    Your link doesn’t seem to work.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 117 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy