Forum Replies Created

Page 116 of 374
  • Thanks and glad I could help.

    One thing I noticed, in the second paragraph there is the instruction to: Copy the offset keyframes from the “End” range Keyframes and paste them into your Opacity end range.

    If you use the expression, you don’t need to do that. You’ll notice in the example file I uploaded, the opacity range selector doesn’t have a keyframe. When I was working it out, I started by using keyframes, then came up with the expression…and forget to delete that sentence. Have fun with your project.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 7, 2014 at 7:47 pm in reply to: Unopenable projects after crash

    Your friend was able to open the project without assets, perhaps one of the assets in your project is corrupted. I would take all of the assets and move them into a different folder and see if you can get the project to open. If it opens, start returning the assets and try to isolate what might be corrupted.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • One method would be to use a couple of text animators. One would control opacity, so only one letter was on screen at a time, the 2nd would offset the characters.

    So using the word hello as an example. Twirl down hello use the “Animate” flyout to add a “Character Offset”. Open Range Selector > Advanced and change the Units to “Index” and the Mode to “Subtract”. Set Range Selector “End” to 0 and set a keyframe. Now go the “Character Offset”, click in it and use the down arrow(or math since you know H = 8, A =1, 8-1 = 7 and put a “-” before the 7) and that will give you an A. Put a keyframe there and make it a hold keyframe (Cntl + Alt + H). Move forward 1 second(or whatever) and change your “End” keyframe to 1. You should have just cycled from A to H. Now, change the Character Offset to do the next letter, for an E it would be -4. Repeat this for every letter.

    Next you need to take care of the Opacity, so only one letter is showing up at a time. So Click your off of your current animator(otherwise the opacity would be connected to the offset and we need a second animator), hit the Animate pullout and add and opacity Animator. Change the Opacity to 0% and open Range > Advanced and Units and Mode to “Index” and “Subtract”. Set the “Smoothness” to 0. Copy the offset keyframes from the “End” range Keyframes and paste them into your Opacity end range. Now Alt click the “End” stop watch and add this expression “Math.ceil(text.animator(“Animator 2”).selector(“Range Selector 1″).end)”. That will use the timing from your range selector to bring on the character…so if you adjust your timing, you only have to change the first set of keyframes.

    I made an example project for your to look check out: 7208_textanimatorcountup.aep.zip

    Finally check out the Andrew Devis tutorials for more info on Text Animators, about 2/3’s down the list.

    ***there maybe a way to automate this even more using an expression to figure out your letter automatically and subtract the correct amount, but that’s beyond me.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 7, 2014 at 5:15 pm in reply to: Top Spec Machine

    If you can, I’d suggest 64GB for the RAM and adjust the CPU accordingly.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 7, 2014 at 5:00 pm in reply to: Unopenable projects after crash

    Try starting a new project and importing one of the .AEP files into the new project. This works for me sometimes.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 6, 2014 at 8:43 pm in reply to: TIFF rendering..

    In your comp, go to frame 201 and press “B” to set the first frame of your work area, press “End” to move to the end of the comp and press “N” to set the end of your work area. Press “shift+cntl+/” to add your comp to the render queue and then click on render settings and make sure the pull down marked “Time Span” is set to “work area only”.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 6, 2014 at 1:59 pm in reply to: What font was used?

    No idea, have you tried WhatTheFont?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • Not sure about the crashing, but if it’s random, I would render to a Tif sequence with alpha and go from there. If it crashes, it’s easy to pick up from where you left off.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 5, 2014 at 4:43 pm in reply to: Best way to Batch Process video dimension by 50%

    To loop the videos, you could bring them into AE, click interpret footage(left click the video+) and change the loop to 20. Now press “cntl+alt+c” to remember the interpretation, select all the videos you need to loop 20 times and press “cntl+alt+v” to paste it. Drag all your videos on to the make new comp button and select “add to render queue, and set up a templates to create your new videos.

    Or you could drag all the comps into Media Encoder and do the work in there.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • As to your new proportions thing. Couple of ways to work with that, one you could work with the scale numerically. Even if you unlocked the scale, and have an x=20% and y=50%, you can re-lock the scale, click and drag one of the scale numbers and the object will scale proportionally.

    Another way would be to make a null object and parent(shift + F4 to reveal parent properties) what you want to scale to the null, then just grab the null handles and scale from there. One gotcha with that method is you will be scaling around the anchor point of the null, not the object–can cause some issues with position and such.

    And happy learning with AE—lot of great people here at The Cow that will be willing to help you out if you get stuck.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 116 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy