Forum Replies Created

Page 115 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    March 13, 2014 at 10:17 pm in reply to: Searching for the perfect AE laptop

    I saw how many SSD drives it has, 128 for your system & applications probably won’t cut it. The other 2, I would use for Source/Assets Files, and probably render to the third. I’d use the TB for regular storage of assets.

    And don’t discount what Dave has mentioned, file sizes are only going to get larger and larger as we move from 2K to 8K.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.


  • FREE After effects Breaking bad Intro TEMPLATE

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 13, 2014 at 1:55 pm in reply to: Searching for the perfect AE laptop

    If you are sold on that config, the only thing I would suggest is upping the main harddrive to 240 or 256 gig. When you include OS, programs…128 might be tight.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 13, 2014 at 11:54 am in reply to: Tutorial required

    Not creating a tutorial, but look up tutorials for shatter, card wipe and card dance. That’s mainly what it looks like he used to create those logo transitions.

    Another approach would be to just create your logo, mask it into pieces. Duplicate the layer for each mask created. Then for for each layer delete all of the masks but one(easy way to remember, layer 1, delete all masks except for mask 1). Move the CTI(current time indicator) a few seconds into your timeline, and set a position and rotation keyframe, this is how it will come together. Move back to the start point, and move each piece into 3D space, add some rotation. Maybe a little camera move to emphasize the 3D look, with some camera blur.

    If you are really just getting started though, start here… Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC)

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 12, 2014 at 12:10 pm in reply to: Birds Trail Effect

    Looks like a particle emitter, probably Particuluar

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 12, 2014 at 12:08 pm in reply to: Slider control over 1 million

    Use an angle control slider…not sure why you are allowed to use numbers over a million there, but not with the slider control.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 11, 2014 at 6:31 pm in reply to: Radial wipe preset

    Shape layers, when created are comp size, so when you apply an effect to it that has a starting point, it doesn’t default to the center of the shape layer.. So if you’re shape layers isn’t in the exact center of the composition, you will probably need to adjust the “Wipe Center” of the radial wipe so that it is in the center of your shape.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 10, 2014 at 11:10 pm in reply to: Changing the stroke type

    This can be done using the effect > generate > write on. You want to change the “Brush Time Properties” to “Size”. Then keyframe the brush size as you move animate the drawing of the line.

    Quick example, using my bad hand-writing: 7217_writeonexample.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 10, 2014 at 7:57 pm in reply to: After Effects Template Library Recommendations

    I like pond5.com, video hive.net or revostock.com—not saying any of those places have what you are trying to find, but that’s where I would start.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 9, 2014 at 10:08 pm in reply to: How to Achieve This Awesome Effect

    Looks like just adding a white layer, flashing the opacity and some time-remapping.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 115 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy