Forum Replies Created

Page 104 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    May 10, 2014 at 12:53 pm in reply to: Removing track in dolly shot

    I think the “best” way would be to get a clean plate of the floor without dolly tracks in a higher resolution, and camera track/planar track that to your move. If that option isn’t possible, try CC Wire Removal

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • You create a null, move it way below your comp and then parent the camera to the null. Then rotate the null’s x position and the camera will rotate around a circle. Then it’s a matter of sign placement to taste. I made a little example project. One thing I did was to add a negative rotation expression to the camera, to counter the null’s expression. Maybe this will give you some ideas or a starting point.

    7482_rotatingonanull.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 9, 2014 at 5:46 pm in reply to: Export Avid DNA in Media Composer 3.1

    You could upscale the project(I have in the past due to necessity), if you really wanted it to be DNxHD, but I would just export to 1:1

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 9, 2014 at 4:05 pm in reply to: successive text on changing pie chart

    They’re may be a more elegant way to do this but this will work. Start by setting your slider to 0(delete keyframes), and place your text at the 0 point(in my example that would be dead center at the title safe.) Make sure the anchor point of your text layer is in the dead center of the layer. You can use “Y” to move the layer’s anchor point and hold down cntl to get it to snap. Create another null and name it “Rotation”, open up the rotation parameter and this expression:

    input = thisComp.layer("Control").effect("Slider Control")("Slider");
    ease(input, 0,100, 0, 360)

    What that does is look at your input slider and maps 0 to 100 to 0 to 360, so that when you input 50, it will rotate 180 degrees. Now Parent your text to the null “rotation”. Lastly, open up the text’s rotation, alt+click to start and expression, type in a “-” minus sign and then pickwhip to your rotation’s “rotation” property. This will make your text rotate the opposite of the null, so it’s always level.

    I updated the example project, but made one change, I changed the ease expression to
    ease(input, 0,100, 45, 360)*.5

    That way the text starts a little bit into pie chart, and for every percent increase only rotates half as much. It, keeps the text relatively in the middle of the pie.

    7474_percentandtextposition.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 9, 2014 at 1:59 pm in reply to: successive text on changing pie chart

    Open the layer with the slider controlling the expression and use the lock so you can easily pickwhip to it.

    Press “shift+cntl+alt+t” to create a new text layer, twirl open to Source text and alt click the stop watch. Type in myNum = Math.round(
    pickwhip to your slider and at the end add .value);

    Then return and add the second line to get your number and a percent sign.

    myNum = Math.round(thisComp.layer("Control").effect("Slider Control")("Slider").value);
    myNum + "%"

    Here’s a quick example project: 7472_percenteffect.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 9, 2014 at 1:48 pm in reply to: How to do a lower thirds bar with soft edges

    Create a solid “cntl + y”, use the rectangle mask tool “Q”(to cycle through mask tools) to create your bar. Press “MF” quickly to open the feather properties and then enter a feather amount. If you unlock the chain, you can adjust the vertical and horizontal feathers separately.

    Add some text, then I would precomp “shift+cntl+c”. Now you can animate both the bar and text together…Position”P”, Opacity”T” or scale”S”. Or you could use an effect like Transition-Linear Wipe to bring them on.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 8, 2014 at 4:12 pm in reply to: How do I arch text?

    Probably done in Illustrator and done and done specifically per instance.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld_nru_eArM

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

  • John Cuevas

    May 8, 2014 at 1:36 am in reply to: Multiple linear wipes expression needed

    Made a simple bar graph for you, that does what you need. The only issue, the text(which updates) will need to be repositioned for each chart. The chart uses a linear wipe as a reveal, like you asked, so it’s trickier to automatically move the text to center of each box, though not impossible_it’s something that I could probably work out later….though font sizes could be an issue when you get to really small numbers.

    7467_bargraph.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 7, 2014 at 8:12 pm in reply to: Multiple linear wipes expression needed

    Before coming up with an expression to do what you need, is there a reason you can’t take all 4 bars, lay them out in a precomp, then bring that precomp into your final composition and just use 1 linear wipe to reveal the bar?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 7, 2014 at 3:40 pm in reply to: Trying to make this Tunnel zoom effect

    Few ways to do that, here’s some links to some tutorials that might get you started. If you have any specific questions after, ask away:

    Flying through a tunnel in After Effects

    Sonic Wave(requires Trapcode Shine and Knoll Light Flares—they could be replaced with other flares)

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 104 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy