Forum Replies Created

Page 105 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    May 7, 2014 at 2:18 am in reply to: AE CC: replace moving BW image with footage

    Create a new comp and drag both the alpha matte and the footage into the comp. Place the alpha layer on the top of the layer stack. Change the footage layer’s track matte(if the track mattes pulldown isn’t visible, press F4) to alpha matte and it will show in the white area’s of the alpha layer.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 6, 2014 at 4:36 pm in reply to: generate STROKE not visible

    Create a solid and add a mask. Add the stroke effect to that layer. That’s all there is to creating a stroke. If that doesn’t work, upload another screen shot.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 6, 2014 at 3:46 pm in reply to: generate STROKE not visible

    Strokes are generated on masks, not shape layers. Plus why would you add a stroke to a shape layer, when you can just use the shape layer’s own stroke(just twirl open the contents and change the stroke to what you want)?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 6, 2014 at 11:42 am in reply to: New to AE. How do I add time between keyframes?

    That sounds like a hardware problem, if the fan is turning on. Maybe caused by AE needing a lot of RAM to continue, but I use PC, so maybe a Mac guy can help you out.

    As far as the keyframes go, you only need press “U”(like you did in your picture) and just grab the two right keyframes, they are the out keyframes. Move both of them together 30 seconds down the timeline. Go past the last keyframe now and press “]” to extend the layer to your new duration. You will have to do this for every layer you would like to extend.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 6, 2014 at 12:02 am in reply to: Run external script from within After Effects

    Good tip, thanks.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 5, 2014 at 1:50 pm in reply to: Duplicating layers question

    When you make duplicates of precomps/layers, where you duplicate it makes a difference if you are making a copy of what you have or are you creating a new asset. Also, when working with Comps, that have precomps, with precomps inside those–unless you make all new precomps and nest them properly inside, when you duplicate you will end up with links to the original.

    Here’s a simple example to illustrate what’s happening. Create a new composition and name it “Final”. Make a type layer “Text 1”. Precomp the layer by selecting it, and “shift+cntl+c” and call it “Text 1”. Now from within “Final” press “cntl+d” to duplicate the layer “Text 1”, move the 2nd layer, so you can see both at the same time. You have 2 text layers, step inside 1 of them and change the text, go to “Final” and you will see, that the text is the same for both. It’s because even though you have 2 layers, they are the same thing. Look in your project window, there’s is only 1 precomp and it’s named “Text 1”. All you’ve done is just told AE, use this asset twice in the project.

    Delete the 2nd text layer from “Final”. Go to the project window, select “Text 1” and press “cntl+d”. Now you have 2 assets. Drop that into Final, and change the text inside, and you will have 2 different layers of text.

    You can see how this could get really complicated when you have lots of nested precomps. Here’s a great script, that allows you to select a composition in the project panel and make a complete duplicate with all new links and assets—it’s makes duplicating lots of nested comps a snap. True Comp Duplicator

    Hope my explanation was understandable.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 2, 2014 at 2:18 pm in reply to: Force Video to Start at 00:00s

    Also, if you go into File > Project Settings you can change the Timecode Footage Start Time to be 0:00:00:00

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • These two scripts can be used to assign random start positions.

    Randomizer

    Distribute Layers

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 2, 2014 at 3:32 am in reply to: Force Video to Start at 00:00s

    Press Cntl+K and change the start time to 0:00:00:00. If you drag a video on asset on to the make new comp icon that contains timecode, the new comp will use the video asset timecode.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 30, 2014 at 4:37 pm in reply to: 3 point transform?

    Try using the puppet tool.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 105 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy