Forum Replies Created

Page 106 of 374
  • Depends if the letter “e” is part of a logo graphic or text. Basically, you will need to isolate the “e”, if logo you would duplicate the layer, subtract mask from one layer, add mask to your “e” solo layer. Move the anchor point(select the move anchor point tool by pressing “Y”), to the center of the “e”, then use position and rotation to roll it into place.

    Since this is a fairly simple operation, I’m going to suggest, Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC)

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 29, 2014 at 12:02 pm in reply to: Slowly changing the color of an object

    Another method you could try is to see if you can just pull a straight key from the rose. If it’s the only red in the scene, it probably won’t be that hard, you could then use that as an alpha matte over your video layer that you apply color effects.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 29, 2014 at 11:59 am in reply to: AE Stock Ticker

    I concur with Roland, check out the Getting Started Links, do the Basics Course from video co-pilot. Also check out shape layers in the Andrew Devis course. Those should cover the basics of what you want to accomplish. If you have specific questions after that, or a particular look you are trying to achieve(with pictures or links), come back and ask, but just a basic “how do I make this”, is just a little too opened ended.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 28, 2014 at 11:45 pm in reply to: Organizing layers? (newbie)

    In your final comp, you need to press the continuous rasterize button, it looks like a little sun.

    Collapse Transformations/Continuously Rasterize

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 28, 2014 at 7:30 pm in reply to: Organizing layers? (newbie)

    Also, if you are just starting, check out Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC), lots of great info and links to free tutorials.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 28, 2014 at 7:29 pm in reply to: Organizing layers? (newbie)

    Not sure what you mean by consolidate, but it’s sounds like you want to make a pre-composition. That’s a fully functional comp, nested in your final comp. You can always step back into it an make changes.

    To make a pre-comp, choose all the layers you want to be in it and press “shift+cntl+C”.

    Pre-comps take on the length of the original composition, so you might want to jump into the pre-comp, go to your first explosion layer, press “B” to move the work area start, go to your whatever is the last ending frame and press “N” to set a work area end, then right-click in the work and trim the comp to work area. I just find that keeps things a little more organized that way.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 28, 2014 at 11:44 am in reply to: Adding animation on top of a moving video

    Todd provided great starting links, for learning AE, I highly recommend you check them out.

    To track motion like you are describing, you would do it in multiple passes, tracking objects that can be tracked, and then when they go out of frame, apply that track and keyframes to a null, start a new track on a different object, when that’s tracked, apply the data to the same null. When you have the entire shot tracked, you would parent the fish to the null.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 27, 2014 at 12:21 am in reply to: Best way to export an AE file to be used in AVIDE

    You should be fine working in 29.97, AVID shouldn’t have a problem with the transcode, and you will save a bit on file size. That being said, I work with AE and Avid every day and always work to the my Avid resolution. For your unclean fonts, try a test(try it without any movement first), make some graphic in 59.97 1080i and see if looks better. If not, try a different font.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    April 26, 2014 at 12:30 pm in reply to: After Effects Trapcode Form Question

    There are a number of different ways to get your form to do what you want, but mostly it’s going to be driven by the audio reactors. Check out this tutorial, it will cover what you need.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ago9eaTQJw

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

  • John Cuevas

    April 24, 2014 at 1:59 pm in reply to: Slowly changing the color of an object

    This is an effect you can accomplish in a bunch of different ways, but basically you are going to want to isolate the rose. Your approach is going to depend on your footage.

    One way would be to duplicate your footage, mask the rose, apply color effects to get turn it black and just fade up the masked layer. You could try use the Change Color or Change to Color Effects—though I sometimes find I need multiple instance to get this to work effectively.

    I did a quick sample project and got good results using a Shift Channel Effect, and getting my red information from the green channel. Then just fading that layer up over my regular footage.

    Then I did another try where I used “Set Matte” effect, used the green channel as an inverted alpha, and set that as a track matte of a lower layer that I tweaked to be a very black rose.

    Here’s my quick examples, hopefully one will get you started down the right path: 7399_rosefolder.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 106 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy