Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe After Effects › Force Video to Start at 00:00s

  • Force Video to Start at 00:00s

    Posted by Chris Fink on May 2, 2014 at 2:21 am

    Total After Effects newb here. When adding a video (MPEG) to the Timeline out of a brand new Project, the timer starts at 19:52:02:29. How can I get it to start at 0s?

    Thanks!

    John Cuevas replied 12 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • John Cuevas

    May 2, 2014 at 3:32 am

    Press Cntl+K and change the start time to 0:00:00:00. If you drag a video on asset on to the make new comp icon that contains timecode, the new comp will use the video asset timecode.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 2, 2014 at 2:18 pm

    Also, if you go into File > Project Settings you can change the Timecode Footage Start Time to be 0:00:00:00

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy