Forum Replies Created

Page 103 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    May 19, 2014 at 1:56 pm in reply to: Make both handles on keyframe move together?

    Right click the keyframe, select Keyframe Interpolation and for Temporal Interpolation, choose Continuous Bezier.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 17, 2014 at 9:45 pm in reply to: Apple clone stamp offset data across entire shot

    Use your clone stamp and create your clean trackless pic. Precomp the clean plate and use a Layer > Time > Freeze Frame. Then you need to track, apply tracking data to a null, parent the clean track to the null, and then mask…or something along those lines.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 15, 2014 at 2:43 am in reply to: 90s style zooming

    For the camera, you want to turn off the zoom controls(if you can). Then you just crank it real quick by hand, otherwise known as a snap-zoom.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 14, 2014 at 5:58 pm in reply to: AE + Newton, falling shapes

    Layer Duplicator

    Duplicater is a quick script that you can run that will duplicate all of your selected layers the number of times you enter.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 14, 2014 at 11:57 am in reply to: 90s style zooming

    IMO, that was done in front of blue screen and was just a in-camera snap zoom…basically just wrenching the zoom back and forth quickly—I did camera work back in the 90’s, that was a cool thing to do back then. 🙂

    If you are doing it in post, yes, you would animate the scale, and turn on motion blur for the layer and composition. Then press cntl+K to access your comp settings, click the advanced tab and adjust the motion blur settings. Shutter angle and phase are the one’s you really want to adjust. Shutter angle will increase the blur, phase sort of the direction of the blur(not exactly, but adjust it, you’ll see).

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 14, 2014 at 11:49 am in reply to: sing along bouncing ball

    I thought you just needed some help with the project, so that’s why I linked to the original file, to help you with your sing-a-long.

    I’m going to forward this to my co-worker, who created that project, so he can answer your questions. To be fair, he’s using expressions(which are a advanced technique), so if you are just getting started, it might be a bit difficult to follow.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 13, 2014 at 11:03 pm in reply to: sing along bouncing ball

    How familiar do I need to be. If you download that project, it’s pretty straight forward. Take a look at it, and if you have some specific questions, ask.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 13, 2014 at 12:50 pm in reply to: sing along bouncing ball

    My co-worker made this AE project for a sing-along video. It uses some sliders for bounce height, bounces per sec and the ball Y position. You have to keyframe the horizontal position, per word—just way to automate it. It’s only 1 parameter to keyframe, so not too terrible.

    6211_bouncingball.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 12, 2014 at 3:30 pm in reply to: Color Space and Batch Importing/Fast Import

    Sorry, working with Avid 7.0 on a PC system. I’ve tried this with Avid DNxHD located locally and on the Facillis. Import the first time, fast import and Avid correctly treats the colors as 709(which is how I tagged the file coming out of AE).

    If I batch import and leave the clip settings alone, my Avid does not read the 709 tag, treats the clip like it’s RGB, but incorrectly imports with the clip setting of 709. Which makes my whites and blacks illegal. Of course if I go and select “Override clip settings with current settings” and import as RGB, it works out correctly—because the Batch import is ignoring my 709 tag.

    Obviously this isn’t a huge deal, Just thought it would be nice to work in 709—not have to remap anything, and fulfill my obsessive compulsive need to work with the footage as pristine as it can be(despite the fact that remapping colors is imperceptible).

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    May 12, 2014 at 1:29 am in reply to: Color Space and Batch Importing/Fast Import

    Yes I tried the current/over-ride current. Was DNxHD, no alpha channel.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 103 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy