Mr Video: So that means, by your rules, you shouldn’t have bought the quad. Dual dual core processors and PCIe is brand new to the mac. It’s okay, I violate all the rules I set up for myself as well.
Aaron: Questions like these come up at least once a week. If you can afford to and NEED to buy now, buy now. If you can afford to or perhaps want to wait for the latest greatest hardware, wait. It’s very simple really. I have no experience with the Quad, but I’m sure it’s a bad ass machine. I don’t know what apps you use, but it’s quite possible that programs like After Effects/Photoshop will not be ready for Intel primetime for a little while. On the other hand, you will have to buy all new capture and host bus cards for the quad, seeing that it is PCIe and all, as it has been mentioned in this thread and others.
Good luck in your decisions.
Jeremy
———–
G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.04 <> Kona 2
ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre
OS 10.4.2 <> QT 7.0.3