Forum Replies Created

Page 358 of 449
  • Graham Bernard

    March 17, 2013 at 7:45 pm in reply to: Shotgun Microphone

    [Mike Hinkel] “What is a good choice without breaking the bank.”

    What is your budget?

    To date, in terms of “shotguns”, I have

    1] 2 x Senni 66 & 1 x 67

    2] Rode VidMic & VidMic Pro

    What are you wanting to get to? And where will the audio be captured on?

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • [Marius Cornholio] “Is there a setting anywhere that could change this back to the way it was on Vegas 11 for example ?”

    No, nothing in the “front-facing” User interface. And yes, this was changed in VP12.

    Personally? I’d like a warning and selection Menu to allow me to pick-off that which I would want Adding-To as a result of Paste Event Attributes.

    A Creative experience is about making choices – this process does not allow for this. The SCS Programmers need to be made aware of this.

    Use this LINK to give yourself the option to bring it to SONY’s attention!

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Graham Bernard

    March 15, 2013 at 6:11 pm in reply to: Audio Gain

    [Roger Bansemer] “there is no way to shut of the automatic gain control”

    What camera is that?

    G

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • [Michal Bronec] ” Vegas ignores the Pro titles transitions/effects in one of these two events.”

    Please supply a ScreenGrab of what you have.

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Here’s what I’ve got using just one Track and One Event of Titler Pro. Apologies for my Ugly-Mug!!

    ProType and Transitions

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • O…K… what exactly isn’t working for you? Could you post what you have at present?

    Cheers

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Graham Bernard

    March 15, 2013 at 7:56 am in reply to: Vegas 12 now crashing every time I make a change

    Task Manager: Really take on board what Steve notes, about the 3 instances of Vegas. Task Manager may be revealing a “False Positive”, meaning that you may NOT have 3 instances but for whatever reason your Task Manager thinks there is. And again, a resource issue. Do any of these Projects have “Nested” elements within them? Veggies within veggies?

    “Red Flag”: Another item I noticed in your ScreenGrab is that you have a “RedFlag” in your MS “Action Centre”, down there on your MS Task Bar. Now, in itself, for this issue you’re having may mean nothing at all, but if this is a warning that needs to be addressed, it may point to something about resources, then you need to open that warning up and investigate and, if need be, cure it.

    Hard Drives: How are these external drives (they are external drives, yes?) connected to your PC?

    Presently I’m thinking “Resources”. This starts to “surface”, become relevant, when what was a previously “stable” PC veers away from being efficient. For example, somebody, myself included, carries on editing until there is a “flaw” appearing in the workflow – I’m not saying you’ve said any of the following, but to précis the outcome:

    “It was working before, and now it wont!”

    “I’m not doing anything differently! And now Vegas crashes!?”

    “I’ve opened up a previously well-behaved project and now it is continually crashing!”

    Look, at one time or another I’ve said ALL of the above – lol!! I’ve been using Vegas for 10+ years and when I’ve got these issues occurring, the one thing that I hadn’t done was to take a really long, hard look at resources and make an appraisal of the resources that were struggling to keep Vegas going.

    Mostly Vegas will behave itself. And mostly this was the case with later versions of VP too. This was the case up and until we had the further demands made on the PC by OFX; the use of CUDA and utilizing the GPU memory as an added “advantage” for Previewing – the jury is out on this one . . . Consequently, this puts more and more pressure on the rest of the PC to run true. If the pc was “hobbled” before, VP12 will bring it to its knees. If the resources of the PC are or had been compromised previously then “sure as eggs is eggs” the PC that didn’t/wasn’t failing before will start to exhibit failing behaviour now. I know, I’ve had exactly this scenario – you ain’t alone. Just so that you are aware, when a User is getting issues with VP12, SCS(SONY Creative Software) are inviting the User to disable GPU Acceleration. This indicates to me that VP12 is resource dependant, more than ever before?

    So, Resources, and the way that they are presently being used by Vegas, I think, is going to be at the bottom of this one. I know this is kinda stating the bleeding obvious, but you’re going to need to drill down and get to just where the “choke” point is. I’m truly interested to find out just where and how you’ve got 3 instances of Vegas appearing – Steve’s point – when you know you haven’t. That, right there is fascinating. This could indicate a project behaving badly and putting that further, unnecessary demand on your Resources.

    Have you an Anti Virus s/w making demands on your PC as you use Vegas? Are you connected to the INTERNET as you edit? What is squeezed into your Start Up that the PC does need to be using on a session?

    Cheers

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • This still hanging about??

    Did you send a bug report?

    G

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Graham Bernard

    March 13, 2013 at 12:36 pm in reply to: Vegas 12 now crashing every time I make a change

    Yeah, it’ll be what Steve says.

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Graham Bernard

    March 13, 2013 at 7:56 am in reply to: Sony Vegas Pro 12 Preview Monitor Issue

    [remy schepers] ” The preview works just perfectly fine if I set it up right and simply click the ‘Video Preview on External Monitor’ button. So no issues there. However… if I turn the button off again, the screen remains black until I actually shut down Vegas entirely. I’m still able to edit and all, but the screen simply remains black.”

    I’m getting a 2nd Monitor Crash when I alter the Docking Window of Panes. I’ve reported this to SONY. I’d suggest you’ve unearthed a variant of this.

    Please report directly to SCS.

    Cheers

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Page 358 of 449

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy