Forum Replies Created

Page 357 of 449
  • Graham Bernard

    March 22, 2013 at 9:04 am in reply to: Nesting

    [Paul Belter] “while deleting medias or just any files, don’t chat with your girl or admire a rainbow through the window, you really must be aware what and from where you are deleting.”

    Quite.

    Paul, great description. Well done!

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • [Zennor Locke] “I want to make it so one of my audio tracks lowers its volume when another makes sound.”

    One word: VoiceAssistant

    Watch the Video . . . . .

    Or you can apply an Audio Volume Envelope and make all the Background reductions manually. . . . ugh . . .

    So, 2 choices:

    1] Auto – 1 Second Apply! Boom!

    or . . .

    2] Manual – much editing=time and options for mistakes.

    NB: This process is called “Ducking” or “Duck-Under”, where the BG audio is reduced or lowered under more preferred Audio Track. I’ve used VASST’s (jr) UltimateSPro and Excalibur (Edward Troxel).

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Graham Bernard

    March 21, 2013 at 10:59 pm in reply to: Nesting

    [Joao Souza] “After saving and copying all files I guess that nest veg is free, right?”

    Free from its supporting Media? Why? At the very best a Nest is only a proxy file created to allow signposting to the actual footage within that “other” Veg. That’s why when we/I Right Click and open to edit that Nest, Vegas has the means to call upon ALL the supporting Media. Now, if you mean copying ALL files then yes, ALL the Files/Media to allow the Net veg to be edited.

    I can’t see how there could be another way.

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Graham Bernard

    March 18, 2013 at 11:22 pm in reply to: Shotgun Microphone

    Lol!

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Graham Bernard

    March 18, 2013 at 7:30 pm in reply to: Bad Mic Audio needs to be corrected. Any Advice?

    OOh, that’s nasty . . ..

    I’m giving it a go in iZo . . .

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Graham Bernard

    March 18, 2013 at 2:40 pm in reply to: Effects Bus

    For ease I’d use the project as a Nest in a new Project.

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Graham Bernard

    March 18, 2013 at 11:25 am in reply to: Shotgun Microphone

    [Roger Bansemer] “I wonder how a small parabolic mike would work for us in that situation?”

    You’re “wondering” – well I wouldn’t use a para for this situation. I’d use my Senni Reporter’s Mic OR ME66 with Rycote Fluffy and handle. And in both situs get that mic as near to the mouth without being offensive and messing with the shot.

    I would advise anybody taking this at all seriously, and not to waste time, is to study the Polar Patterns for Lobars; Cardioids (heart-shaped = cardio!); Super- and hyper-cardioids. These patterns have been crucial in my own awareness as to just what type/value of audio sensitivity I am after.

    Over this past 18 months I have done maybe 100 interviews, some in extremis, some in echoey halls, some in the open and with reflective walls but each with their own challenging demands.

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Graham Bernard

    March 18, 2013 at 10:13 am in reply to: Shotgun Microphone

    Mike, here’s a great link showing many variations for you to ponder over.

    Also, yes the advise to use ShotGuns outdoors is correct, but not eaxactly what you are requesting. Steve, I’m sure, and myself use Shotties to isolate an interviewee from the peripheral noise – and that’s where the advice for outdoor use of the shottie is relevant. Unfortunately you’ve innocently brought together “outside” and your “outside” requirements, those shuffling ducks. SO there are 2 sub divisions you need to take on board:

    Outside

    1 – Interviews

    2 – Leaf Shuffling Ducks!

    I once knocked-up a Para from a 20 cent salad bowl and some wire with an inward facing cheapo mic. It worked. Where was I? In the Etosha Game Park Namibia. When was this? 1976!

    Cheers

    Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Graham Bernard

    March 17, 2013 at 8:22 pm in reply to: Shotgun Microphone

    [Mike Hinkel] “. I imagine it comes down to how in tune the ears are.”

    No, it comes down to how much you WANT as opposed to much you DON’T want being recorded.

    Also, reading your responses IMO you aren’t really after a Shotgun. You are really after a parabolic. Animals, ducks shuffling through leaves produce very low powered amounts of sound energy. If you were far enough aware to not scare them you would have tiny amounts off on-axis sound to be enough to be separated from the side noises that you wouldn’t want – and that’s how a shotgun works.

    G

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Graham Bernard

    March 17, 2013 at 8:15 pm in reply to: Shotgun Microphone

    [Mike Hinkel] “I’m looking to do outdoor stuff where I want to pick up animals walking in leaves and sounds in front of the camera”How far in front of the camera?

    G

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Page 357 of 449

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy