Rich, I was able to duplicate your issue. The GOOD news – it did NOT “crash Vegas” and was not cause to just uninstall Excalibur. The script DID cause an exception to happen but it would not adversely affect Vegas.
The effect itself was actually added to the track. However, it died when trying to assign the preset. In this particular case, it was because it had “:” in the preset name. If you had picked ANY preset without a “:” it would have worked fine. 🙂 (and that’s about 99% of them!).
I sent you an e-mail with a test version. Give that a try and see if it solves the problem for you. The fix will be rolled into the next release as well.
As for the e-mail, I don’t know why it would have bounced back. Worst case, you can always e-mail or PM me through my site.
Edward Troxel
