Forum Replies Created

Page 1143 of 1228
  • David Roth weiss

    June 5, 2006 at 8:41 pm in reply to: Video / Audio Disconnected on timeline

    Check the audio in the browser to make certain its 48khz — its possible it may show up as 47.xxx. Are you using a Panasonic deck??? If so, this happened to me… It turned a 6 hour job into a 15-hour job…

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    June 5, 2006 at 5:46 pm in reply to: Mini-DV Onlining

    Tim,

    To save time and money, why not create the titles at your place and just frop them in place at the Avid faciliy?

  • David Roth weiss

    June 5, 2006 at 3:18 am in reply to: Surround Sound Panning FCP

    Derek,

    There are several NLEs, including Premiere and Vegas, that enable basic 5.1 mixing and output so long as you have the proper audio card and speakers. FCP simply isn’t setup for 5.1. You’d be best bringing your stereo tracks to someone who has a “real” 5.1 setup like Micheal G for a real 5.1 sweetening and mix.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    June 4, 2006 at 6:19 pm in reply to: Blur on “The Real World”

    And, they more than likely have an exclusive product endorsement deal with some brands, but not with the others…

  • David Roth weiss

    June 4, 2006 at 12:56 pm in reply to: 5.1 rainbows and dropped frames

    David,

    You could, but I always prefer get a new drive and to keep the old one aside until I’m certain I’m back up and running. Then you can clone your system drive to the old one and have a backup ready and waiting at all times.

    The other David

  • David Roth weiss

    June 3, 2006 at 11:47 pm in reply to: 5.1 rainbows and dropped frames

    David,

    This is quite typical of full system upgrades. Instead you would be wise to start with a clean slate, first installing the OS from scratch on a fresh or freshly formatted drive, then installing all the latest OS updates, and lastly installng FCP and the latest 5.1.1 update.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    June 2, 2006 at 4:14 pm in reply to: Working with media manager

    Todd,

    Before doing anything with media manager I suggest you export your finished cuts as QTs for reference and safe keeping.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    June 1, 2006 at 10:02 pm in reply to: Can anyone recommend a good FTP Client app???

    Wow!!! That was fast. I thank you all, and I will try them all…

    P.S. – I’m trying the Fetch demo now and its pretty fast and easy — but Neo’s free idea sounds pretty darned attractive.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    June 1, 2006 at 2:55 am in reply to: best high res quicktime

    Jeff is right.

  • David Roth weiss

    June 1, 2006 at 1:39 am in reply to: My Extreme card may be going South???

    Hi Kristian,

    Thanks for responding so fast and for being so supportive.

    Just so you know, I have been using the Extreme card without incident with my FCP system since I bought it nearly a year ago. This issue just popped up last Friday with no changes and no movement of any system components. I monitor analog via component out to a broadcast monitor, and the issue seems to be somewhat intermittent. I am unable to try the card in a different computer as I have just one MAC, but I will try to reseat it and will also try a different slot if that doesn’t work. I only have one monitor as well. I will keep you posted as to my findings.

    Thanks again for being there,
    DRW

Page 1143 of 1228

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy