Forum Replies Created

Page 267 of 414
  • David Bogie

    September 21, 2007 at 1:17 pm in reply to: FCP AND LANSHARE?

    Yes, we’ve seen renders disappear from many different media storage options. You might want to search here for “disappearing renders” and “unrender.” ONly you can determine if the situations are similar. Seems to be a major flaw (dare we say BUG) in FCP6 of which Apple claims to be aware and, one might say sarcastically, characteristically doing nothing. Yet.

    bogiesan

  • David Bogie

    September 21, 2007 at 1:13 pm in reply to: preferences disappear every time I close and re-open FCP

    [Kim Rowley] “aking the idea from Bogiesan I used “spotlight” and typed in the fcp.plist file name Voil

  • David Bogie

    September 20, 2007 at 7:45 pm in reply to: Problems with Caption In Final Cut

    Welcome, I am sorry you cannot post in your native language. You could try. Someone might be able to read it.

    Most of us use simple Firewire drives for our Scratch Drives and the Basic Firewire Capture Preset during Log and Capture.

    Have you carefully read the manual on how to set your Scratch Drives?

    Few of us know anything about xServe and xRAID products.

    bogiesan

  • David Bogie

    September 20, 2007 at 3:58 pm in reply to: preferences disappear every time I close and re-open FCP

    The .plist file has probably gotten it’s permissions scrambled, happens. So even if you rebuild it or replace it, it still can’t be modified later because the name of the file is on a list that tells the OS you do not have privielges for it.

    REpair permissions on your system drive with Disk Utility or start from your Tiger install disk.

    Post back if that doesn’t do it for you. The next thing to check will be trying to locate the .plist file in question. It may be in the wrong Library folder.

    bogiesan

  • David Bogie

    September 19, 2007 at 3:59 pm in reply to: Video wall effect

    IN AE, I’ve used Ball Action but there’s no analog for Ball Action in Motion that I know of.

    Hope you get some decent advice, I’d like to know, too.

    bogiesan

  • David Bogie

    September 19, 2007 at 3:03 pm in reply to: Tutorials for Shatter Effect?

    You may need two copies of Shatter applied to your logo, onece to use the logoo as the custom shatter map and another to render the parts that don’t explode as invisible. It’s all quite confusing.
    The switches that control “render pieces” and “w render white as opaque” are confusing as heck. I can’t even remember what they’re really called.

    TotalTraining.com once had several of Brian’s older SHatter tutorials online but they’re gone, alas.

    SHatter is tremendous fun but, honestly, just keep twirling down the triangles. How can you expect to figure it out quickly?

    You may

  • David Bogie

    September 19, 2007 at 2:52 pm in reply to: Stabilize – still got the jitters

    > I’ve tried messing with the object selector size, the search area, and the options panel. I’ve tried applying more than one tracker. I’ve tried rendering and applying more trackers. And after hours of experimenting, am still none the wiser. It all seems a bit hit and mi< Weird as it sounds, preblur often helps. DV is interlaced so you can also try creating keyframes for each field. Save yourself tons of problems by using a 10 second clip for your test and only change one, maybe two, parameters at a time. FYI, I have found the stabilization in CS3 to be fabulous with our DV footage. bogiesan

  • David Bogie

    September 19, 2007 at 2:48 pm in reply to: CS3 loses my footage

    Umm, PC or Macintosh?

    The only way I know of AE to lose the footage is if you have not used the built-in facility correctly. It’s a copout answer, true, but I know from extensive experience with a class of 15 aspiring AE newbies (running CS2) the file and project interchange system between Adobe video applications is almost flawless. Every issue we had was either user-based or had something to do with the network server geeks changing access privileges without telling anyone.

    bogiesan

  • David Bogie

    September 19, 2007 at 2:40 pm in reply to: Need animated comet background

    > Thanks for the info on particleillusion – looks great. < Like RTFM (which is my favorite), this seems to be a universal response to many Motion and After Effects particle inquiries. Trapcode's products are fabulous, no doubt, but they're not cheap and they supplement a huge library of existing stuff you already own in Motion. I really don't like Motion's interface (compared to AE, personal problem, I'm dealing with it) but I love playing around with the emitters. If I could only get them to do something expected, repeatable and planned, which I can't (I'm working on it). bogiesan

  • David Bogie

    September 19, 2007 at 2:36 pm in reply to: batch monitor quits unexpectedly

    Generally depends on your settings and the output format, information you have not provided.
    Do you get little yellow exclamation points in the interface anywhere? Often caused by trying to use setting sthat are incompatible with a your chosen format. WMV, for instance, is very picky and will crash or stop if you try to change aspect ratio, crop or scale the image.

    There is a Compressor forum at apple.com discussions. Very low traffic, just a bunch of complainers. We can offer little or no help because we just don’t know much about the application’s faults (except there’s a really long list of them) or how to fix them.

    bogiesan

Page 267 of 414

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy