Forum Replies Created

Page 174 of 254
  • Mark,

    I was playing around with Resizer and Instant HD and as I recall a :30 clip was going to take hours. Your show could take days.

    Try chroma sharpen from the Natress filter set. Much faster.

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 14, 2006 at 3:22 pm in reply to: Chroma Key troubles (DV)

    DVMatte Pro for FCP is very easy to use and VERY good, and DVmatteBlast in Motion will blow you away. Very easy.

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 14, 2006 at 2:38 pm in reply to: Average Salary?

    To expand on what Walter says, which is entirely correct, average salaries can only be stated by location, and even then there’s a range. For instance, freelancers here in Phoenix get about the same RANGE as Walter pays in Atlanta, about $40-$75 per hour. The rates in NYC and LA are much higher, but then, so are the demands of skill levels, speed etc.

    Anywhere though, your reel is what does the talking.

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Echo, echo, echo!!! Don’t know about other cards but my Kona LH has controls for setup and a procamp built in. Plus I have control over audio levels.

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Greg,

    I have a Huge Media Vault, I have read in the manual and been told by them that the six beeps is related to your SCSI connections. They are flimsy at best, once when I had this problem they replaced my cables, but even then, I check and tighten my connections at least once a month, as the G5 generates a lot of vibration.

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 13, 2006 at 1:27 pm in reply to: Applying filters to timeline clips

    Matte,

    I’ve been doing this naming-renaming clip thing for quite some time, especially with Live Type and other graphics, so all I have to do is reconnect the media. I call it the “fake out” trick, works great. And it’s said “what’s in a name?” Ha!

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 12, 2006 at 3:44 pm in reply to: Applying filters to timeline clips

    That is a good tip Matte, would only require one click after hitting the “t” key on that layer. Thanks!

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 12, 2006 at 1:59 pm in reply to: Applying filters to timeline clips

    Slim,

    I don’t know about the master clip, but the way I do this, provided that all the clips can use the same settings on the filter is copy and paste attributes. You can apply it to all the clips at once.

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 12, 2006 at 1:54 pm in reply to: SATA suggestions

    Hey Tom,

    This thing from Sonnet looks pretty good, but Seagate and Granite Digital also have some cool SATAs. Check out Promax too, a great VAR for service.

    https://eshop.macsales.com/item/Sonnet%20Technology/ENCG53HD/

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 11, 2006 at 11:18 pm in reply to: JVC BR DV 6000 owners, please help

    Well,

    As Bogiesan always says, RTFM, which is great when you can find it. (the manual) After searching for most of the day I finally found it under a bookshelf, have to blame the missus or the cleaning lady, maybe a footwedge on my part to clean up before a client visit, I dunno.

    Anyways, I have found that recording from an analog VHS signal on this unit requires a time base corrector which I have since bought, I should get it this week and I’ll report back what happens…

    Have a wonderful day.

Page 174 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy