Forum Replies Created

Page 173 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    July 22, 2006 at 12:44 pm in reply to: Matrox MXO released

    Good points, Andy, good points.

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 21, 2006 at 1:15 pm in reply to: What codec should I edit in?

    Take a look at the Sheer codec from bitjazz.com. Beaustiful, and about half the size of 8bit.

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 20, 2006 at 7:19 pm in reply to: Matrox MXO released

    Well well,

    This IS looking better all the time, thanks Greg!

    Now here’s a good one, I bought two RTmacs way back with FCP v. 1.2, and I paid a thousand bucks for each, and I think it was about the time of v. 3 that they CUT THE PRICE IN HALF! Boy was I pissed, but at about the same price today for the MXO, think they will lower the price of this one too?

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 20, 2006 at 6:35 pm in reply to: Matrox MXO released

    Hey gang,

    There’s some very enlightening (Jerry, Greg, Mitch etc.) comments here, and taking a closer look at this is making me curious about a couple of things. First, I notice it has DVI in and out, so does that mean you don’t lse one of your monitors if you have two?

    Second, would this thing preview Compressor and/or DVDSP to an NTSC monitor? If so, that makes it worth the price of admission to me, I’d be sold.

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 20, 2006 at 2:16 pm in reply to: copyright C

    That’s how you do it in ANY Mac app. Ya know, that reminds me, is there an equivelent to “key caps” in OSX? That was so cool on the older Macs…

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Herb,

    I don’t see why it wouldn’t, but you should also take a look at BTVpro, It’s a great little capture app, does killer adjustable time-lapse and still capture as well as motion. And its CHEAP!

    I believe it’s at bensoftware.com

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 19, 2006 at 5:10 pm in reply to: Best path from 720p/60 to SD DVD

    Fred,

    Without a preview on an NTSC monitor, yes, there can be some gamma and saturation issues with Compressor, but a little trial and error with the filters can make it pretty darn good. You can do short samples so it doesn’t take too much time.

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 18, 2006 at 1:46 pm in reply to: Best way to export to DVD studio?

    Sheesh,

    I think this topic is more often discussed (argued) than flickering stills. Read this, it still applies to today’s versions.

    https://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/compressor_warmouth.html

    This thread ignores some of the other issues though, like using any of the other compressors like Bitvice, Squeeze and Compression Master, all worth a good hard look. I find that if all things are made equal by using a decent FCP movie to start, each has it’s own strengths.

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 17, 2006 at 8:14 pm in reply to: Matrox MXO released

    With all due respect Tony, after my experience with this company with the RTmac I would’t trust them as far as I could throw them. Bah humbug. Damn thing’s a doorstop now.

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    July 17, 2006 at 6:58 pm in reply to: Firewire 800 card necessary?

    The card only really helps if you want to RAID your drive with another, the extra bus will make it much faster.

    Have a wonderful day.

Page 173 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy