Forum Replies Created

Page 169 of 254
  • Don’t know why you would switch between systems, I’d just leave the jobs best suited for each system where they are. There is not a common file type you would not have to render on each.

    A bit like mixing “Apples” and oranges, pun intended.

  • Jason,

    Select your audio tracks and hit option L to make them stereo, that’s where I would start. Also, go to the tools menu and open up the audio mixer, much better control than the rubber bands. Also mix down your audio.

  • Chris Poisson

    August 21, 2006 at 9:43 pm in reply to: Time saving tip for dissolves

    You have WAY too much time on your hands my friend. Nice tip!

  • Chris Poisson

    August 19, 2006 at 3:38 pm in reply to: Uploading to a FTP site

    I prefer Transit.

  • Chris Poisson

    August 18, 2006 at 4:07 pm in reply to: Low end broadcast quality camera

    David,

    The best camera in the world will suck if you don’t use it right. If you light your shot correctly any DV camera can work, I used to shoot low-budget car commercials with a little Sony DSR-11 one chip camera, about $1100 6 years ago.

    But you also have to make sure all your levels and specs are set correctly in your NLE before you go out to tape.

    Understand that a 3 chip DV camera could look a lot better, (see Dave’s thoughts about lighting, microphones etc.) and because of all the HDV cameras coming out, there are a slew of used 3 chips on eBay.

  • Chris Poisson

    August 18, 2006 at 3:53 pm in reply to: playback video freezes but audio continues

    Jean,

    Without knowing your project or system settings, here’s a few guesses:

    Your canvas and/or viewer are not at fit to window or may be overlaping your timeline.

    Under View you are not set to view all frames.

    Also under View, your video playback may not be set correctly.

    Also under View try refreshing audio visual devices.

    Lastly under the FCP menu check your playback device settings.

  • Chris Poisson

    August 16, 2006 at 3:35 pm in reply to: Sharing a Deck

    I don’t know about Firewire, but as for Ocean Matrix, I have one of their component switchers and it is rock solid. FWIW.

  • Chris Poisson

    August 16, 2006 at 3:33 pm in reply to: Strange Artifacting Around Text Pict Files

    Perhaps the green bits are a 10 bit anomoly. I use 8bit almost exclusively and have never seen them.

  • Chris Poisson

    August 16, 2006 at 3:25 pm in reply to: compressing for those PC people

    Popwire has been sold, but they still make the really great Compression Master.

  • Chris Poisson

    August 16, 2006 at 3:23 pm in reply to: LCD as Critical Color Monitor

    Well I’ll be, did not hear that…

Page 169 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy