Chris Poisson
Forum Replies Created
-
Hi Kristian,
The G4 is a 1.42 dual with about 2 gigs of RAM. running 10.4.3. FCP 4.5. I used it with the DeckLink SP for about a year when I first got the card, only then it was connected to my UVW1800 and it worked great. I moved it over to the G5 when I got that and it worked great there too, but I took it out when I got another card. So it was just sitting around and I thought i’d put it back in the G4 with my old Beta deck. It is a Sony BVW 25, not an SP machine but it plays SP tapes.
-
I have an LH and a UVW 1800, the only gotcha I see is sometimes the audio gets lost, so you have to go into playback settings and set it back to Kona.
-
Chris Poisson
September 3, 2006 at 1:57 pm in reply to: Which control surface? Mackie control universal or Tascam FW 1082Brian,
I have the same mixer you have, and I’m using the Bheringer CS with it, which is USB. Plus it’s way cheaper than the other two and works great with FCP and Soundtrack Pro. FWIW.
-
Chris Poisson
September 1, 2006 at 6:27 pm in reply to: Ease in ease out in FCP, is there an easy way?The first problem with this feature is when you set ease in/out your motion path curves. Easy enough to straighten out. But the second part of my problem is that the clip will drift along the second half of the bezier handle and back again before heading off toward the next keyframe.
Yes, you hold down the command key to split the bezier handles, but the clip will still slide up and back no matter which way you point it. So the problem is how to shorten the second handle to nothing so the clip doesn’t slide?
Answer, and if this was in the manual I sure missed it, holding down shift/command gives you independent control of the angle AND THE LENGTH of the handles, so you can get rid of the second one and hence the annoying drift. Now I have a true ease in with speed control on the incoming clip.
As far as ease out, well, that’s going to be the next dilemma I guess.
-
Chris Poisson
September 1, 2006 at 5:01 pm in reply to: Making Quicktime Movies in FCP 4.5 that don’t hangupDon is correct,
but also, I have had commercially made DVDs from Blockbuster exhibit this behavior, usually caused by dirt and fingerprints on the disc. We now keep a bottle of lens cleaner and a micro cloth on the table by that machine.
But he is ablolutely correct about the bitrates. DVDSP is the way to go.
-
Chris Poisson
August 31, 2006 at 4:23 pm in reply to: Ease in ease out in FCP, is there an easy way?Jeremy,
Funny, I have PZP but I just didn’t think to try it for the more complicated moves I’m doing in this 1 minute piece, which is a super rush job. Maybe I’ll try it on the last :15 seconds, which we’re doing this morning.
Thanks!
-
Chris Poisson
August 31, 2006 at 1:59 pm in reply to: Ease in ease out in FCP, is there an easy way?Well,
Since my original post I screwed around with it and got it to work, I had to very carefully drag the dang bezier handles IN AN ABLOLUTELY STRAIGHT LINE toward the center where the keyframe is, and got the pic to move straight and stop smoothly. But it is a total pain in the ass.
I wonder which 3rd party plugins mentioned above do this better? I too, have been spoiled by ease in and out in AE.
Thanks all…
-
There’s a disscussion about this about two months back.
-
Chris Poisson
August 28, 2006 at 1:34 pm in reply to: How to increase quality of pictures used for videoTake a look at PhotoZoomPro, it will scale the pics up beautifully.
-
Chris Poisson
August 28, 2006 at 1:32 pm in reply to: Does MAC PRO (Universal) work with these FCP Plugins?I asked the same question a while back, have pretty much the same plugins as you.
https://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=8&postid=900726