Forum Replies Created

Page 167 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    September 9, 2006 at 2:42 pm in reply to: Using DeckLink SP with an old Beta deck

    Hey Luke,

    Been a while, thanks for the response. The deck has one composite input and two composite outputs. Video in and out (Y cable only) are routed through these to and from the card. The DeckLink control panel is set to composite. The second comp output goes to my NTSC monitor and the audio is routed into and out of the DSP card through my mixer, the same basic installation I used to use with component when the card was in the G5 with my Beta UVW 1800. So other than the difference between component and composite video the connections are all the same.

    The Beta deck plays tapes to the monitor and I can hear the audio, and when I launch the FCP capture window I can capture 8 or 10 bit with audio like normal, but I am not getting the Mac desktop on the monitor and nothing on playback from FCP, thus my original post. After Effects also gives me nothing to the monitor.

    So I suspect that the old deck (Sony BVW 25) is the problem, although how capture can work and not the rest is what’s giving me fits. Seems like it should work.

  • Chris Poisson

    September 9, 2006 at 2:13 pm in reply to: Day Rate Question

    And don’t forget taxes!

  • Chris Poisson

    September 9, 2006 at 2:03 pm in reply to: Inexpensive (but quality) HD client monitor

    Got this in an e-mail today, looks too good to be true.

    https://www.mwave.com/mwave/Skusearch.hmx?scriteria=AA47530

  • Chris Poisson

    September 7, 2006 at 9:28 pm in reply to: commercials specifications

    Well, Brett’s point sure made it sound that way. But we’re not talking about revisions anyway.
    The agency I used to work at did about half their spots with a fade up and a fade down.. Whenever I had to make demo reels I used to add a 7 frame fade up and out to the cut ones to make them all consistent, and to be honest it did’t seem to change the spots one bit.

  • Chris Poisson

    September 7, 2006 at 6:36 pm in reply to: Sending FCP Project to Soundtrack

    Hmmm,

    Try trashing SP’s prefs too, if that doesn’t work, make a new project, just put in a clip or two that you know are good media, and try that. If it works, then there’s something wrong with your other project or something in it. If that’s the case, make a new project and copy/paste everything from the old project’s browser and timeline. If that still doesn’t work, throw away and restore each clip until you fine the bad one.

    Don’t know any other solutions, but this process has worked for me in a few odd cases.

  • Chris Poisson

    September 7, 2006 at 3:58 pm in reply to: Sending FCP Project to Soundtrack

    Sounds like time to trash prefs…

  • Chris Poisson

    September 7, 2006 at 3:56 pm in reply to: Inexpensive (but quality) HD client monitor

    Not the biggest, but my Sony 17″ HD multi-format monitor cost $600 and looks great when you feed a quality HD image to it. SD looks like crap on it, but for HD it suits clients just fine. Got it at Fry’s. It has component in, I just feed it from my Kona LH and it plays in real time.

  • Chris Poisson

    September 7, 2006 at 12:17 am in reply to: Sending FCP Project to Soundtrack

    Try selecting all of the clips in the segment you want to send.

  • Chris Poisson

    September 6, 2006 at 9:43 pm in reply to: Using DeckLink SP with an old Beta deck

    Kristian,

    No and no.

  • Chris Poisson

    September 6, 2006 at 2:18 pm in reply to: commercials specifications

    Brett,

    In my 25 years in the ad biz, I saw thousands of commecials from about every director on the planet, and I’d say that your rule is wrong about half the time. 7 or 8 frames fade up and out on US spots is very common. Personally, I do all my spots this way, I don’t think a half second total of fade would make a selling difference in any spot I’ve ever seen.

Page 167 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy