Forum Replies Created

Page 163 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    October 30, 2006 at 5:53 pm in reply to: Animated text with alpha channel weirdness

    Actually, I was speeding up the movie, by about a third. Re-rendering in AE proved to be the best and easiest solution, thanks. Yes, Borjis, my settings were set to best.

  • Chris Poisson

    October 30, 2006 at 3:51 pm in reply to: Batch capture

    Wish I knew too, same thing happened to me last week.

  • Chris Poisson

    October 30, 2006 at 2:56 pm in reply to: Batch capture

    Jeff,

    Not pretty, but a short term fix might be to just log the clips manually and capture them one by one.

  • Chris Poisson

    October 29, 2006 at 8:57 pm in reply to: watermark

    Alan,

    I would hope you posted this before you read the two excellent suggestions for addressing this issue.

  • Chris Poisson

    October 28, 2006 at 4:58 am in reply to: Latest results in sub-“pro” HD monitors?

    Hey Bob, I got one of those Sony 17″ monitors from Fry’s fo about $600, and when I send HD projects to it it looks really good. SD images suck on it, but then, I have my Sony NTSC monitor for that.I wouldn’t trust it for Color correction, but for editing and clients to look at, it’s pretty darn good.

  • Chris Poisson

    October 27, 2006 at 4:52 pm in reply to: Send to “Soundtrack Pro”

    Yes, that’s right, but you have the option of rendering out the track mixed or doing a save-as as well.

  • Chris Poisson

    October 27, 2006 at 3:32 pm in reply to: dv timeline to uncompressed = render weirdness

    Jeremy,

    The “regular ugly DV stuff” ain’t gonna ever look any better than it is, no matter what you do to it. This workflow works fine, except that 10 bit is way overkill 99% of the time, your graphics will look just fine in 8 bit.

    What I always do in this situation is just open up the sequence settings and change the compressor or easy setup to 8 bit, render and off you go. You’ll need a video card or an iO to see the program play over a monitor, but if you’re going to QT or mpeg2 for a DVD you’re good to go.

    You can try nesting in an 8 bit sequence if you want, but I always just keep this simple. I usually don’t save the changes, as it’s faster and easier to make any future changes in DV.

    HTH…

  • Chris Poisson

    October 26, 2006 at 10:16 pm in reply to: import video files from Vegas 6

    Don’t see why not.

  • Chris Poisson

    October 26, 2006 at 7:42 pm in reply to: import video files from Vegas 6

    What format are they in in Vegas? What format are you working in FCP? If DV, then export as DV Quicktime. If uncompressed AVI then output as 8 or 10 bit uncompressed.

  • Chris Poisson

    October 26, 2006 at 6:41 pm in reply to: OT: cloning tapes

    Yes Matte,

    I looked that up in the manual, thanks.

Page 163 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy