Forum Replies Created

Page 162 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    November 6, 2006 at 3:14 pm in reply to: thousands of stills

    What Walter says works, but if you want to animate the slide show it can be done instantly in Fotomagico, I believe iPhoto will do this also.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 4, 2006 at 5:09 pm in reply to: what is the best option for timelapse capture in FCP

    Hey Miriam,

    Yes, it’s fantastic, the timelapse feature is VERY adjustable, so depending on the length of your original and the desired result, you may want to run off a few short tests before you go through the whole tape.

    Have fun!

    Also note that there are a bunch of settings for capture results, very comprehensive tool.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 3, 2006 at 6:15 pm in reply to: what is the best option for timelapse capture in FCP

    Miriam,

    For time-lapse capture I use BTV Pro, which is an all-around great capture tool. Bensoftware.com I think…

  • Chris Poisson

    November 3, 2006 at 2:01 pm in reply to: Wiggler for FCP?

    Yes, caffinated text, I remember that now, take a look at it, it’s free.

    https://www.rippletraining.com/free_motion_tutorials.html

  • Chris Poisson

    November 3, 2006 at 4:06 am in reply to: FireWire drives taking naps

    Tom,

    I have never, ever had a drive “spin down” or go to sleep, whatever. Could this be because I unchecked the sleep box in the energy saver panel? I have been running about every generation of LaCie drives up to Big Disk Extreme, plus a couple of Maxtor drives, never had any of them sleep.

  • Chris Poisson

    November 3, 2006 at 4:01 am in reply to: Wiggler for FCP?

    The only way I know of doing this to footage is manually. With a still, it’s pretty easy to move it in the viewer and take just a few frames of each move into the timeline, but either method is time consuming. It would be far easier to take the footage into AE and use an expression on the anchor point or position, pretty controlable too, I wonder if there’s a behavior in Motion that would be similar? Anyone?

  • Chris Poisson

    November 2, 2006 at 11:04 pm in reply to: G5 Graphics card

    jr,

    That card should be fine, give it a whirl with a Motion project with several layers and effects and see how it does.

  • Chris Poisson

    October 31, 2006 at 6:56 pm in reply to: Outputting 720p from FCP

    Nick,

    You will need some sort of HD box or card to see your edit in real time on any monitor. The Kona LH is really nice for the price, and you can downconvert the signal to any monitor while editing. Other cards will do this also I think.

  • Chris Poisson

    October 31, 2006 at 3:44 pm in reply to: upgrade to 5.1.2

    Yeah, but in hindsight (I sent in my discs last week) it sure is a final change, what if you want to go back to 5.0 for some reason? It’s gone.

  • Chris Poisson

    October 30, 2006 at 5:59 pm in reply to: firewire drive for video editing

    NO! never edit from your Mac’s drives, always use an external (or other internal) drive such as Firewire or SATA. If you’re working in DV your 400 FWD should be more than adequate, however drives are so cheap these days you might look at a FW 800 RAID set or SATA array. LaCie and others make a bazillion good solutions. A LaCie Big Disk Extreme is a good one, as are the G-Tech boxes.

Page 162 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy