Forum Replies Created

Page 141 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    March 27, 2007 at 1:39 pm in reply to: BUILDING IN THE WATER

    Rafalos,

    For the past 6 moths I occasionally have been working on this exact effect. I have had pretty good results of late, it is not all that complicated, but it takes a subtle touch. I do it in AE with a still photo of water, invert the sky and/or background and precomp it with the water. Blending modes are critical for a good reflection. The movement comes with fractal noise placed on a 3D layer tilted to mimic the depth of the photo. Playing with the blend modes of the fractal noise itself is the subtle part, that and the right type of noise for your water shot, and the right speed of evolution in your noise. If you’re interested in seeing what it looks like, that can be arranged.

    If your water is footage, I’d look at making a depth map from it, and using that to distort your building/reflection, but you’d still probably want to do that in AE, perhaps with Forge Freeform or somesuch.

    Fun, isn’t it?

  • Chris Poisson

    March 26, 2007 at 3:30 pm in reply to: need motion tracker

    iStabilize works pretty well too. And I believe it’s free.

  • Chris Poisson

    March 25, 2007 at 2:53 pm in reply to: From 4.5 Studio to 5.whatever

    DoH! Missed it by a few days? Oh well, have to make the best of it!

    Thanks guys.

  • Chris Poisson

    March 24, 2007 at 11:45 pm in reply to: From 4.5 Studio to 5.whatever

    Hey John,

    Thanks, I think it is expired. Guess I’ll wait for 6.

  • Chris Poisson

    March 24, 2007 at 3:19 pm in reply to: Iomega REV drives?

    Edit,

    Thanks for this, but I’m still not understanding the last part, about the removable tray rig, what it does, or why one has to jury rig it with the drilling and rivots. Bear with me, can you please explain?

  • Chris Poisson

    March 22, 2007 at 3:44 pm in reply to: Making Video Look like film

    Steve,

    I have used Gfilm filters a lot and tried Magic Bullet, (both plugins for post) and I prefer Gfilm. But, of late I have been working with 24p video and it gives you an amazing edge right from the beginning, if you know how to light.

    This is a recent movie I shot with my DVX 100 in widescreen DV, at 24pA, captured with advanced puldown removal and edited at 23.98. The only filters on it are a chromatic glow filter for the soft look, no other film simulation filters were used.

    https://www.fisheyeedit.com/moonlight.html

    The Windows version will start playing, turn it off and enjoy the H264 QT movie.

  • Chris Poisson

    March 20, 2007 at 1:31 pm in reply to: Aged film filter

    The others mentioned may work well, but the one in Boris Continuum Complete is outstanding. About 7 or 8 controls in there, all very sensitive.

  • Chris Poisson

    March 20, 2007 at 3:18 am in reply to: 3 little lines on NTSC monitor

    I think it’s 6 or 7 years, I bought it used from Walter B. who I believe was the original owner. So at least it has some good creative karma in it.

    Oh, and it’s doing another strange thing for the past week or so, it brings up a black box about a third the size of the screen that floats off-center in the lower third, there is image all the way around it. It does this intermitently and doesn’t show up anywhere like on tape or anything. It comes and goes.

  • Chris Poisson

    March 18, 2007 at 3:26 pm in reply to: Iomega REV drives?

    edit,

    Could you give me a bit more info on exactly what your enclosures are, brand etc? I’m curious.

  • Chris Poisson

    March 18, 2007 at 3:16 pm in reply to: Iomega REV drives?

    Ya know, the great thing about this forum is that even when you hear stuff you think you didn’t want to hear, when it’s as well thought out as what’s in this thread, it just sinks in and makes perfect sense.

    I already have two two-drive enclosures from ProMax, I see I can easyly buy drives to stick in them for backup, don’t know why I didn’t think of that until now, but with them, both systems are covered. Thanks guys!

Page 141 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy