Forum Replies Created

Page 314 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    July 11, 2007 at 6:25 pm in reply to: how much RAM for FCS on octo core?

    [Mattyc] ”
    You need at least 8GB to have it run optimally.”

    I have heard that as well. 1GB MINIMUM per core.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 11, 2007 at 5:12 pm in reply to: Anyone Anyone Anyone

    They have not been active on this forum since before NAB.

    Very suspect.

    Though its nice to know they have more than 1 single person
    manning the usa support now.

    I get a response from their email tech support usually within a day or so. I’m not sure why they are not answering support emails but if they don’t remedy that pronto it can’t be good for business.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 11, 2007 at 5:09 pm in reply to: Multibridge 6.3

    I have not had any problems with 6.2 on my multibridge.

    I hear you on the support though, they need to do a 180 in
    the worst way immediately or they will lose a lot of supporters
    including myself.

    my advice would be to sell the multibridge and give Kona your money
    since black magic doesn’t seem to really care about their customers.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 11, 2007 at 4:59 pm in reply to: Color Correct Monitor

    [Shane Ross] “the Matrox MXO you can get the Apple display to show true broadcast colors. But ONLY with the MXO.”

    How is that possible when all cold cathode lcd’s have an 8-bit gamut and narrow contrast?

    For a time I used a Dell 24″ LCD with a multibridge and I could get it pretty close (about 70% at best with a custom lut), but never spot on.

    How can this be done without at least an LED backlit display?

  • Chris Borjis

    July 9, 2007 at 3:09 pm in reply to: best way to do this?

    use quicktime conversion.

  • download and run final cut rescue.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 6, 2007 at 8:37 pm in reply to: FCP / Digi-Beta question

    [Mattyc] “We do this for people all the time. I tell people to make an uncompressed version of ther sequence and export a quicktime of that as a self contained. and place it on a transportable FW 800 drive. That way I can plug in the drive and lay it right to digi via SDI.”

    We do this all the time as well, just like that.

  • not sure, but final cut rescue would enable you to back
    all that up and restore it in 1 click.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 6, 2007 at 2:51 pm in reply to: FCP and Sony Vegas 7 – Friends or Foes?

    [Marcus van Bavel] “Only Raylight can do it without recompression
    and it has real time playback”

    8 or 10-bit Uncompressed is lossless and plays in realtime.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 6, 2007 at 4:30 am in reply to: FCP and Sony Vegas 7 – Friends or Foes?

    for free, you can download mac & pc versions of the black magic uncompressed codecs.

    I use 10-bit SD uncompressed just to output .wmv files and from Vegas 4!

Page 314 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy