Forum Replies Created

Page 315 of 403
  • It should be doing just that.

    have you right clicked your clip and gone into the
    settings and marked it as anamorphic?

  • it should do that automatically just like still images do.

    import your 16×9 footage, make a new 4×3 sequence
    check the anamorphic box in the settings for the 16×9
    clip then drop it in the 4×3 sequence.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 5, 2007 at 9:48 pm in reply to: I already hate it

    [walter biscardi] “I’m looking forward to playing with all their apps to see how they compare to the Studio suite.”

    Good luck with Premiere.

    It’s still pretty unstable and has more driver problems to interface with hardware than any other NLE.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 5, 2007 at 7:04 pm in reply to: Downconversion still soft ?

    [Creative Coward] “I have read many problems with “soft” downconverted images from the DeckLink cardon these forums. This has never been the case with the Apple built-in downconversion. What’s the deal here?”

    The apple built in downconversion?
    Do you mean when you set the monitor view lower than your
    actual resolution? That looks just as bad as soft down conversion
    on a black magic product.

    I really wish they would enable hardware down conversion with 720p.
    It looks fantastic with 1080i material

    Why the hell won’t they give 720P the respect?

  • there is an anamorphic setting in compressor to flag
    the stream 16:9

    Also, I prefer quicktime conversion for any down conversion HD to SD, it does a much better job resizing than compressor can on its best settings.

    It also allows you to letterbox non-anamorphic to SD which is perfect for making broadcast dubs since the stations don’t usually take or want anamorphic dubs.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 3, 2007 at 9:31 pm in reply to: Pro Apps Update 2007-01

    I am running the FCS2 drivers for black magic multibridge extreme,
    so I know thats not it.

    I have not tried 1080i.

    I know the person who did capture used HD-SDI not component.
    I wonder if that extra step is whats causing the problem.

    My system did manage to capture about 20 seconds of 720P 60
    before it failed.

    Prior to the update it would fail within 5 seconds.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 3, 2007 at 9:28 pm in reply to: DVD TO FCP 6

    Mpeg stream clip had never failed me and quality is as good as the original.

    not sure why anyone would pay for the other app.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 3, 2007 at 6:44 pm in reply to: DVD TO FCP 6

    we almost need stickies or a FAQ (READ FIRST) at the top
    of the forum

  • Chris Borjis

    July 3, 2007 at 4:51 pm in reply to: HDV and Prores workflow suggestions

    But you could just as easily change the codec
    of the HDV timeline couldn’t you?

    Or would that make the whole thing red and have to be rendered?

  • Chris Borjis

    July 3, 2007 at 4:23 pm in reply to: Pro Apps Update 2007-01

    this is strange.

    my setup should work.

    G5 Quad, PCI-E model, 4GB Ram

    Ciprico 4210 4gb fibre channel array

    BMD Multibridge Extreme.

    I heard someone with a near identical setup has it working as well.

Page 315 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy