Forum Replies Created

Page 313 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    July 17, 2007 at 5:40 pm in reply to: HD compression for web

    [eamonspro] “Is there a formula that one could point me to for figuring out the data rates and keyframes to maximize this quality”

    keyframe formulas that maximize efficiency:

    150 for 15fps video

    300 for 30fps video

    the data rate is 4mbps as I said.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 17, 2007 at 4:08 pm in reply to: HD compression for web

    Lots of studios (mine included) distribute HD dailies as Windows Media 9 files.

    here are some basic specs:

    1280×720 (all are done this way to keep size+interlacing issues down)

    Video: Bitrate VBR, framerate 29.97, average bitrate 4mbps
    Audio: VBR Quality 25, 44khz 2 channel

    This would require an investment in flip4mac pro.

    I’ve had lots of clients not been able to playback H.264 quicktimes or quicktimes at all, so thats what I do.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 16, 2007 at 3:45 pm in reply to: Upgrade from Final Cut Studio 1 to 2

    no, but if you copy the fcp.app file to another folder then copy
    it back (don’t overwrite the new one though) you should be able
    to run both versions. so I hear.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 16, 2007 at 3:43 pm in reply to: HDV to SD workflow

    Or use quicktime conversion to do the downconversion to
    an intermediate file you can encode for dvd via compressor.

    Quicktime Conversion for some reason does a much better job
    scaling HD to SD than final cut or compressor on its best resize settings.

    The only negative is that some people end up with their audio out
    of synch, though that has never happened at my shop.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 13, 2007 at 3:12 pm in reply to: Capture issue with JVC HD100

    [PostSputnik] “I have to wonder if that is a JVC problem?”

    I know for fact the Sony V1U has this problem.

    Still though anyone properly shooting stuff should be pre/post rolling at least 5-10 seconds anyways.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 12, 2007 at 4:50 pm in reply to: Anyone Anyone Anyone

    makes sense + they have a few new product launches.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 12, 2007 at 3:31 am in reply to: Multibridge 6.3

    [Andres Posada] “are you specifically capturing through your analog video and audio on the Multibridge?”

    Yes, both component (sd & hd) and composite capturing works fine, though of note, the composite output won’t give a full signal. Measured on my vectorscope it won’t align when outputting a test pattern.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 12, 2007 at 3:27 am in reply to: Red Camera vs. Panasonic P2 for SD/HD

    I’m looking forward to the Sony XDCAM XE for tapeless aquisition.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 11, 2007 at 8:08 pm in reply to: Trim Tool bug in FCP 6?

    I’ve done a lot of short form and long form with fcp 6.

    The trimmer has not caused any problems I have seen.

  • Chris Borjis

    July 11, 2007 at 6:28 pm in reply to: codec for big screen!

    If you want to get real fancy (like the big boys)
    then use Jpeg2000 the exact same codec used for Digital Exhibition.

Page 313 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy