Forum Replies Created

Page 309 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    August 25, 2007 at 2:28 am in reply to: DVCPRO-HD How many generations is it good for?

    Thanks Gary.

    I had read on Marco Solorio’s compression “shoot out” that dvcpro-hd definitely showed signs by 10x but that the 1080 flavor held out better overall due to being almost twice the bitrate of the 720 version.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 24, 2007 at 3:13 pm in reply to: why does text look like crap in FCP6?

    what easy setup are you using?

  • Chris Borjis

    August 24, 2007 at 3:12 pm in reply to: uninstall quicktime 7.2

    yeah I’m in the same boat.

    Upgraded to it and fixed nothing, but broke flip4mac exports.

    Now I’m hearing popping noises an awful lot when playing the timeline.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 24, 2007 at 3:06 pm in reply to: HD To SD

    If you can easily handle the workflow, you should always aquire in HD whenever possible, even for SD projects.

    The most simple reason for this is the fact that a well lit and shot production done on an HDV camcorder, then downconverted to SD will look like you shot it on Digital Betacam, with just a hint of a little more noise.

    At least thats what it looks like on my Sony Pro CRT.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 22, 2007 at 5:20 pm in reply to: fcp6 will not capture from xl h1 via firewire…

    what version of fcp are you running?

    I would run the easy setup for “HDV 1080i firewire basic”

  • Chris Borjis

    August 22, 2007 at 3:53 pm in reply to: fcp6 will not capture from xl h1 via firewire…

    Everytime somebody brings in a canon HDV camera the firewire port is turned off in the menu.

    have you checked that?

  • It records 60p at all times.

    The lower frame rates are flagged frame.

    The frame convertor recognizes the flagged frames and
    tosses them.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 14, 2007 at 10:22 pm in reply to: Blackmagic woes

    I’m done buying Black Magic Products after all
    of the piss poor support issues I’ve experienced.

    All future product purchases will be aja.

  • Chris Borjis

    August 14, 2007 at 3:17 pm in reply to: Blackmagic woes

    even faster help if you email them directly.

    support-usa (at) blackmagic-design.com

  • Chris Borjis

    August 13, 2007 at 7:05 pm in reply to: Prores422 HQ inferior to DVCPRO50 @ SD

    I guess the main concern is adding graphics and the potential of banding to occur if the graphic images push the limits of 8-bit.

    With 10-bit I can rest easy that everything will lay back to Digibeta without banding.

Page 309 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy